How's your garden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How's your garden?

I have a little flower garden with many different flowers, depending on the season. there's also a little apple tree, which gives really good apples!
    ~ flowers are our only garments
    only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

I have heaps of things coming up in seed trays - though not everything I've planted seems to be germinating. Sweetcorn, pumpkins, broccolli and passionfruit are all doing well, tomatoes and capsicums are a no show so far.
      Yesterday I planted some carrot seeds and beans and peas, garlic, beetroot, peanuts and popcorn.

I also have a seed tray full of herbs - hyssop is doing really well, corriander, cardomon, margorem, parsley, marshmallow, soapwort, echinacea, evening primrose - lots more too. Also a tray full of flowering annuals that I planted yesterday and some cuttings of cotton lavender, cistus and a few others. I've been a busy bee!

Most of my garden is full of Aussie native plants - they attract birds and wildlife and need little care and are able to survive our summers.

Comment

Originally posted by Asrais View Post
        I have heaps of things coming up in seed trays - though not everything I've planted seems to be germinating. Sweetcorn, pumpkins, broccolli and passionfruit are all doing well, tomatoes and capsicums are a no show so far.
        Yesterday I planted some carrot seeds and beans and peas, garlic, beetroot, peanuts and popcorn.

I also have a seed tray full of herbs - hyssop is doing really well, corriander, cardomon, margorem, parsley, marshmallow, soapwort, echinacea, evening primrose - lots more too. Also a tray full of flowering annuals that I planted yesterday and some cuttings of cotton lavender, cistus and a few others. I've been a busy bee!

Most of my garden is full of Aussie native plants - they attract birds and wildlife and need little care and are able to survive our summers.
        Hah, I got halfway through your post before I realized you were Australian. This whole time, I was thinking "Seedlings in September?! WHY would you do that?!"

Mostly art.

Comment

Still harvesting corn, tomatoes, squash, beans......but it's looking messy out there now. I was happy though, the storm that took out my haw tree didn't kill it compleatly. A sprout came up from the roots. So I will have another little tree to train up in to replace it. Shame though, the last one took 5 years before it fruited

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Hah, I got halfway through your post before I realized you were Australian. This whole time, I was thinking "Seedlings in September?! WHY would you do that?!"
            Lol, sorry :P

Comment

Well Last Week in was full of regal moths, now this week its full of there Horned Caterpillar Children. I was weeding out the Garden when I found em' figured I'd weed a bit later on maybe next week, give them a chance to do their things. My Garden is very small and it was spent for the season.

Comment

Autumn has come to my garden.

Comment

garden is so beautiful place for our life , and I hope we can have an garden full of beautiful flowers.

Comment

I have some tomato plants and i just share them with my neighbors. I'm planning step up some medicinal plants and especially soursop fruit as it has more health benefits.

Comment

My sage plant died... still not sure how. Definitely a bummer, and I'm really trying to make sure nothing's wrong that would affect the grapes or blueberries - or strawberries, come to think of it.

Grr.... And yet I love gardening.

Comment

Working...
                      X