Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your favorite (card/rune/etc) say about you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does your favorite (card/rune/etc) say about you?

So...my "favorite" tarot cards--at least the ones that *speak* to me, are the Queen of Swords, The Star and the Wheel of Fortune...and sometimes the Page of Cups, while in other times its the 10 of wands. Interestingly, when I've been pregnant, I've been quite attached to the Empress...

In some of my favorite decks, they look something like this:

Queen of Swords: (info)

The Wheel of Fortune:
    The wheel symbolizes completeness as well as the rise and fall of fortunes and the message that what goes around comes around. Almost every definition of this card indicates abundance, happiness, elevation, or luck; a change that just happens, and brings with it great joy.
    source

The Star:
    Thus, the card says that there is aid and assistance out there to help us though hard times, like organizations that offer food and shelter in the wake of a terrible flood or fire. This assistance might, to us, be a friend or counselor, an uplifting book or music, anything that appears in our life and heals our wounded spirit. More, the card tells us that we can achieve what we most want to achieve, like flood or fire victims wanting to rebuild. This future, however, won't be growing to full size overnight like Jack's Beanstalk. It will take time and we must not lose sight of it.
    source

...I'm thinking what this says about me is that I'm analytically and into knowledge (sometimes too much so) and that I recognize that life is generally open to be made of it what we will...but that sometimes a little bit of luck can pave the way and make the path easier. And that sometimes I feel as if I am carrying a big as load of burdens that I just want to toss overboard while I fuss like a 2 year old in a tantrum.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: What does your favorite (card/rune/etc) say about you?

Originally posted by The Star
    Thus, the card says that there is aid and assistance out there to help us though hard times, like organizations that offer food and shelter in the wake of a terrible flood or fire. This assistance might, to us, be a friend or counselor, an uplifting book or music, anything that appears in our life and heals our wounded spirit. More, the card tells us that we can achieve what we most want to achieve, like flood or fire victims wanting to rebuild. This future, however, won't be growing to full size overnight like Jack's Beanstalk. It will take time and we must not lose sight of it.
    source
    This is also my favorite card In fact, when it became my signifactor you picture the deck that was used It also seems to be very descriptive of my life both back then and now.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Re: What does your favorite (card/rune/etc) say about you?

I'd definitely have to go with the Star, the 7 of cups, and 9 of pentacles.

The star was explained above, so I'll skip that one. The 7 of cups focuses highly on a series of choices or one choice that can go many ways. It emphasizes that there are always rewards and penalties to every path and those all come based on our choices.

RToSP_SevenofCups.jpg

The 9 of Pentacles represents the power of desires to achieve a goal. If you wish it, so shall it be. This can be good or bad, but it always means that a person who knows what they want can achieve it.

pents09.jpg

What I think this says about me is that I'm a person who will always reach for a goal, and will succeed. Though on the downside, I have a hard time when there is nothing laid before me or too much laid before me. I often get stuck at the crossroads of choices by trying to do too many things and not staying focused.

Comment

Working...
      X