THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The aches have started

I've taken a day off today because I'm sick and can't talk.

But the glands on my neck hurt, and now everything is starting to hurt. Neck, head, back.

Not fair. I slept all morning, I can't just go back to bed. But I hurt and I can't get comfy and being in bed doesn't actually help. I don't really feel like taking a bunch of pills either.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      The aches have started

I've taken a day off today because I'm sick and can't talk.

But the glands on my neck hurt, and now everything is starting to hurt. Neck, head, back.

Not fair. I slept all morning, I can't just go back to bed. But I hurt and I can't get comfy and being in bed doesn't actually help. I don't really feel like taking a bunch of pills either.
      Hope you feel better soon, Heka!

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
        In person, I'm pretty introverted (except for karaoke... I love karaoke).

As a result, I'm hugely unlikely to initiate conversations... even via text message or phone.

I am sick and tired of women getting mad at me because I went an entire day without talking to them... then when I point out that she didn't talk to me either, being told that it is my duty as a man to initiate the conversation.

That is sexist bullshit... should a black man wait for a white man to initiate the conversation? Should a gay man defer to a straight man? Why the fuck should a woman wait around for a man to talk to her?

You know that I am introverted. You know that I am not often inclined to initiating conversation... I've admitted this as openly as I possibly can. You know that I often get involved with work or whatever I'm working on, and forget to talk to people unless they talk to me... and you refuse to talk to me without me talking first... and this is my fault?

Mine is a actual social issue... I don't enjoy initiating social interactions, and it often makes me extremely uncomfortable... and I'm prone to getting lost in myself, and not even thinking that about talking to other people.

Yours is an antiquated sexual discrimination that tells you that a woman derives her worth from men.

I'm sick of it. It pisses me off... especially if the relationship has been going for any amount of time... surely there comes a time, when it is socially acceptable for a woman to initiate a conversation with a man she is familiar with... no?

I get it if you are uncomfortable initiating... I get it, I do... I share your problem... but don't couch it in some antiquated pre-suffrage sexist bullshit... and don't try to pin it all on me.

But, I don't buy that every woman that I've dated in the last 5 years is hiding introversion behind chauvinism.
        I hate this. A lot of guys think this way too, though. I've been called "clingy" in the past just because I called the guy. Like, WTF. I'm "clingy" because I want to call or text every couple of days and initiate it? It drives me crazy when people perpetuate this idea.

I find it not as bad with Germans because they don't really feel that way. German men and women tend to be ok with either person initiating contact (or doing the initial asking out).

Comment

You insist you are paying attention to me when I speak, and then you FALL ASLEEP while I am still talking to you.... Awesome, freaking awesome....
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
            You insist you are paying attention to me when I speak, and then you FALL ASLEEP while I am still talking to you.... Awesome, freaking awesome....
            This has happened to me too, many times. So uncool.

RIP

You cut your hair short
            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

GP refuses treatment until I complete a 6 week course of physiotherapy

Physiotherapist refuses to treat me because it's a systemic problem, thus not appropriate for physiotherapy

GP and physiotherapist fight over the phone (Which was incredibly amusing, don't get me wrong)

Still no closer to getting a treatment plan or pain relief
              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                This has happened to me too, many times. So uncool.
                yep, asked this morning about something spoken about last night, no memory of any sort of conversation, ergo it never happened.... Just great
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The alternating stuffy runny sinus needs to get fixed omgraaaaahhhhhhhhh and no i do not want to take yet another flipping antihistamine.

Comment

Not cool at all... It just reflects the person's attention....
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I won't have a tree to go to when I move out. >.<

Comment

bought battleship @ thrift store for munchkin...

it only has one set of ships

He's sad.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh my gods, this week is finally over. I decided to go I to work a couple of hours before my "scheduled" shift to catch up on things before the long weekend, right? I think that was a bad move because I got slammed with new shit and didn't get any of the stuff I went in for done. I feel like crap. I can't stand it.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

yep, asked this morning about something spoken about last night, no memory of any sort of conversation, ergo it never happened.... Just great
                            I just keep poking till I say what I gotta say

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Ranting about a Tornado warning that did not come to it actually touching down. Scared the crap out of me when the TV popped up an alert. This is NJ,and we seldom ever get tornadoes. It was about 10 miles from where I am at,and that's pretty close for a tornado.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Splenic tumors suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Torey just bought to my attention that this may lead to incorrect assumptions, so....

I just lost a patient to a splenic tumor. Which is always a spectacularly crappy way to spend an hour. And a shitty end to the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X