Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
    Chain, since I live in Israel, my area of living was attacked yesterday in the evening be rockets that were launched from Sector Gaza. So yesterday there were 3 rocket salvos one after another.
    I hope everythings okay for you, Gleb!

My rant... why the hell would you put a three week old kitten to sleep?? Stupid f*ing shelter. My friend was job shadowing and couldn't stay in the room at that point. That's the most adoptable animal they probably had and they put it down.. Seriously. Heard from her yesterday and I'm still.. irked. Maybe I should move this to the other rant thread, I'm having a tough time containing the swearing for one.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

There is another rant thread? Hidden things!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhaethe View Post
        Two actually. Gratuitously cursing rants in Adult and one that's just plain hidden

There might be more...
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

There's actually a couple more. One in the adult section, complete with gratuitous profanity, and one in the teen section, far away from the prying eyes of disapproving adults.

Holy cats, Gleb! Now, I'm seriously going to start worrying about you. That's terrifying!

Lastly, three weeks old? A three week old kitten! Ugh. This is why I so love no-kill shelters! It's also why people need to spay and neuter their pets. And why I could never work at a shelter.

ETA: ROFL! MO beat me to the punch. And I think his revelation included a staff-rant thread reference. Perhaps.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Secrets!

This is the third reference to an Adult section I do not see ... I am curious, yet hesitant.

Comment

Secrets!

This is the third reference to an Adult section I do not see ... I am curious, yet hesitant.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Secrets!
                You were expecting something else? With me around? Really?
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I really need to get some work gloves if I'm going to bust out the machete again.

Blister on the inside of my left thumb that's keeping me from doing pretty much anything. Cuts and a bruised knuckle on my right hand that ache just often and badly enough to be annoying without warranting an aspirin.

I can at least take solace in today's victory against those heinous blackberries infesting my yard.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Got referred to counselling for tonsillitis... Stupid motherf%cking sh%tty f%cking w%nking f%cking doctors.
                    "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Two days in a row I wake up and my husband is nowhere to be found, no note, no reason, nothing. And yesterday I had the discussion about "adults leave notes or other indications of where they're going and when they'll be home." -.- I'll have to start conditioning that man. Now.. what kind of treat/bribes can I bring to the training table...

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                        Two days in a row I wake up and my husband is nowhere to be found, no note, no reason, nothing. And yesterday I had the discussion about "adults leave notes or other indications of where they're going and when they'll be home." -.- I'll have to start conditioning that man. Now.. what kind of treat/bribes can I bring to the training table...
                        Pecker shears would probably be the most efficient. Otherwise, I'd guess that beer, food, and/or sex would be tied for a distant second choice.

Though, gamers would likely appreciate a game subscription just as much.

My bet is on the shaft snipper, though.

Just saying'.

Comment

No, you stupid fucking rookie, that is not a "dead whore".

That is a dead 19 year old girl. With parents, probably. You know. A mother who wonders where her baby girl went, however long ago.

Now YOU'RE gonna do the notification with me. Arse biscuit.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I'm havin' a day, here.

Comment

[deleted]

/10char
                            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                              [deleted]

/10char
                              Want some hugs?

Let's leave it at that. Because I don't want to argue with both of you to be 'right'. No one is wrong here in how they view this. It's highly personal. I'm tapping out!
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

GRRR

I HAVE STARTED TO REPLY TO THIS THREAD TWICE, REREAD WHAT I'D WRITTEN, AND THOUGHT BETTER OF IT.

At least I can rant about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X