THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

The football team for local high school for the city in which I now live, made it to the State Playoffs. The dominated the District and Area rounds of the playoffs, and made it to the Regional playoffs.

Tonight, some friends and I drove just past Corpus Christi, TX (approx 260 miles, round trip) to watch the Regional Playoff game against a team that was picked to win by *at least* one touchdown.

The Cardinals (the team I went to watch) led for the entire game, but missed a field-goal and allowed their opponents to tie the game up in the 4th quarter of play.

The game went into double overtime, and the local team lost by missing an extra point after a touch-down.

Picked to lose... dominate the game... miss a field-goal and let the other team catch up... continue to stay in the game... then lose by a point that should have been a freebie (perhaps they should look into that kicking game).

I hate it for these guys... this is the farthest that they have ever made it in the payoffs, and they beat themselves 31-30.

Oh... and the referees sucked... but they were unbiasedly horrible... so I can't blame the loss on them.

dammit.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=8.msg17749#msg17749 date=1290848226]
      The football team for local high school for the city in which I now live, made it to the State Playoffs. The dominated the District and Area rounds of the playoffs, and made it to the Regional playoffs.

Tonight, some friends and I drove just past Corpus Christi, TX (approx 260 miles, round trip) to watch the Regional Playoff game against a team that was picked to win by *at least* one touchdown.

The Cardinals (the team I went to watch) led for the entire game, but missed a field-goal and allowed their opponents to tie the game up in the 4th quarter of play.

The game went into double overtime, and the local team lost by missing an extra point after a touch-down.

Picked to lose... dominate the game... miss a field-goal and let the other team catch up... continue to stay in the game... then lose by a point that should have been a freebie (perhaps they should look into that kicking game).

I hate it for these guys... this is the farthest that they have ever made it in the payoffs, and they beat themselves 31-30.

Oh... and the referees sucked... but they were unbiasedly horrible... so I can't blame the loss on them.

dammit.
      [/quote]

Wow. I was going to rant, but I read this, and now I feel much better about the ridiculousness I have just suffered.

Poor kids. *shakes head*
      It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
      -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I have not been. In this much pain. For a very long time. Can't concentrate. Mouth is dry. 75 degrees, it's fucking freezing in here.

1400 mg of ibuprofin (7 pills), 2 Excedrin (ES) and 2 Alieve.

It would probably be wise of me to avoid PF until it subsides. I don't really *want* to find an easy target, just to make me feel a little better.

Fucking pain! I want to disembowel someone!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I get it, its cold out. And usually i would be happy with the heating being on, seen as its -4c however, the heating has been on since 9am. Thats 10hrs. Its making the house stuffy, and it just feels horrible. I need some real air.

Comment

Want it to snow tonight so i don't have school tomorrow and then i can evade the maths, physics and spanish tests until i've actually revised. But it won't happen, there is a ring of clear sky around newquay for the next week -.-
            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

The following should not be taken as addressed to any specific individual.

CHRISTIANITY IS NOT THE GALACTIC EMPIRE

NEO-PAGANS ARE NOT THE REBEL ALLIANCE

This point is relatively basic but for any still suffering confusion, there are some key distinguishing marks beyond the difference in attire.

1) Christianity is more divided than Palpatine would ever have tolerated. The different sects have an massive degree of variance on a host of issues (proper response to Pagans being just one)

2) Most of Christianity has more important things to concern itself with than a disorganized collection of small sects that counted en-masse as one faith still account for less than FIVE PERCENT of the Roman Catholic Church alone.

Yes, specific Christians in specific places are very annoying but the greater bulk of Christianity is not out to get you because quite simply YOU ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

^my new hero

+1
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

:-[

I should point out 2 things about the numbers I'm using.

1) Comparing almost anything to Roman Catholocism is hugely unfair. The number I cames across on the online Britannica was 1.1 Billion. That puts them at over half of the 2.1 billion followers Adherents.com credits to Christianity as whole i.e. Catholocism is larger than all other Christian sects put together. Neo-Pagans as a whole are not so hugely outnumbered by other Christian sects.

2) I inflated Neo-Pagan numbers 50 fold to suggest that they even approach 5% of the Catholic Church. The actual Adherents.com estimate in front of me was about 1 million, had I done a straight comparison than it'd have been

"Neo-Pagans comprise less than .1% of the Roman Catholic Church"

Either way though, my general point that there is no great unified Christian conspiracy stands. In specific locations yes, there are annoying Christians. Sometimes even a lot of them but the premise I come across sometimes of a unified Christian push against Neo-Paganism strikes me as hubris. Neo-Pagans just aren't numerous or powerful enough to attract the attention and ill-will of 2.1 billion Christians. If that ever changes, well then life might get really interesting.

[/rant on numerical insignificance]
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I left the window on the latch last night and now my room is cold!
                    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

First you said 1 AM, then 2 AM, now 3 AM... forget it I am going to bed.
                      sigpic

Comment

my tummy hurts and I am really hoping that I have not caught the stomach 'flu' that is going around
                        What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

My second to last class canceled so I am now faced with a huge 4 hour gap between now and my last class. I hate gaps that size in my schedule.
                          "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
                          -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
                          without his weapons of war;
                          for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
                          of a spear on the way without.
                          -

Comment

My deviant art account is not loading my picture! Damn my high quality pixel full camera quality!
                            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I sound like a tranny at the moment. Stupid sore throat. >
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I wish I had less woman emotions and more man emotions.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X