THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Adding to what Volcaniclastic said ^, toasting your spices (and roasting the peppers) a little beforehand can help bring out the oils and flavors, too.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

It's just one of those days where I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached to my body.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        It's just one of those days where I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached to my body.
        Me too. I think I've had about a half dozen "blonde moments" already today. :P

Comment

I actually made some changes to a text I wrote and incorporated the end of it in the middle. I submitted it, then realized I forgot to rewrite the end, so it's just a half duplicate of what's in the middle of the text. I'm like...gah! and now I'm just waiting for it to get sent back to me so I can fix it,

Comment

I'm scared as all hell.I need to access my word files but apparently I need to buy a subscription now, but I don't have that much money right now. Someone told me to get Apache OpenOffice, but when I hit launch file, nothing happens!I seriously do NEED to access my files and right away, but no one seems to be able to help me!

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
              I'm scared as all hell.I need to access my word files but apparently I need to buy a subscription now, but I don't have that much money right now. Someone told me to get Apache OpenOffice, but when I hit launch file, nothing happens!I seriously do NEED to access my files and right away, but no one seems to be able to help me!
              Google documents---just upload everything from word into your google and you have cloud access.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Rio,you may need to get an earlier version of Open Office,it may not work on your OS because of Minimum requirements for this version. I am pretty sure they still have the older versions for download if you look on their site.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Microsoft Word has been crashing on me all day and I've spent at least an hour of my day rewriting things I already wrote. I can't save every second, so I always lose stuff when it crashes. This is especially true if I get involved in my work and forget to save for 10 minutes. Gah.

After a long day, my cat also just pooped on the floor. Lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                    Microsoft Word has been crashing on me all day and I've spent at least an hour of my day rewriting things I already wrote. I can't save every second, so I always lose stuff when it crashes. This is especially true if I get involved in my work and forget to save for 10 minutes. Gah.

After a long day, my cat also just pooped on the floor. Lovely.
                    Not a rant but I though word still had the ability for a setting for saving every minute or so? Been awhile since I went looking for it so don't recall where it was at.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

My back is achingly sore. Can someone come and give me a back rub please!!! x
                      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                        Not a rant but I though word still had the ability for a setting for saving every minute or so? Been awhile since I went looking for it so don't recall where it was at.
                        It sort of does, but when my documents recover there is always something missing. It's really a pain when I just got my piece perfect and down to word count and then it crashes and didn't save my last tweaks. I had to spend half an hour fixing it on the last round, just because I forgot exactly how I got it down to my word count. It might not -sound- hard to cut 9 words from a short piece, but it's very, very hard.

Anyway, I'm in a BAD mood. Sorry to everyone here if I've been ranting in a certain thread (you might know which one I'm talking about). I'm just in one of those moods where I'd probably rip anyone's head off. It's a good thing my boyfriend is away.

Comment

Dear Google:

I don't want a Google+ page!!!

Stop pushing it!!!

Sincerely,
                          Me.
                          :^^: My Spiritual Journey blog: An Eclectic Wonderland :^^:

Comment

After working 14 hours yesterday, I'm up at 4am to finish a report that's due today. So this'll probably be a 16 hour day...

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderland View Post
                              Dear Google:

Stop pushing it!!!

Sincerely,
                              Me.
                              I'll second that.
                              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderland View Post
                                Dear Google:

Stop pushing it!!!

Sincerely,
                                Me.
                                Thirded.
                                I have one by default because of my youtube channel, but I don't WANT it. Now I can't get rid of it. x
                                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Working...
                                X