THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

...Need new brakes and rotors, $455, #$*!
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
      Dammit, I've got a paper that's due on Tuesday and I cannot think of what to write about. Once I come up with a topic I can write a good paper, but I can't for the life of me think of a topic. I would like to write a persuasive argument essay because that's what pretty much the entire class has been about so far, but it's not required. I'm best at extended definition essays, but I still can't come up with anything that wouldn't feel...er...pointless, forced...whatever. It feels like depression rather than writer's block...it's like I don't give a damn enough about anything to think and write about it.
      Is there a particular field you're supposed to focus on? Or can it be about anything? If it can be about anything, write about writers block and/or depression that could cause writers block?
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

There's a certain young lady on this very forum that is pushing my buttons. Having the temper that I do, and the history, around here, that I've shown, one would think she'd know better than to try and piss me off.

Wrong.

Expect a ban, soon!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
          Is there a particular field you're supposed to focus on? Or can it be about anything? If it can be about anything, write about writers block and/or depression that could cause writers block?
          It could be about anything. This professor rarely assigns topics.

Writing about writer's block is a really good idea and I will keep it in mind for the future. In this case I ended up arguing against the claim that dieting causes obesity (rather, fad dieting does).
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            There's a certain young lady on this very forum that is pushing my buttons. Having the temper that I do, and the history, around here, that I've shown, one would think she'd know better than to try and piss me off.

Wrong.

Expect a ban, soon!

If you're talking about me, I was just teasing. I'm sorry if it truly upset you.

That said, it's been nice knowing everyone since apparently I'm out the door.
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
              If you're talking about me, I was just teasing. I'm sorry if it truly upset you.

That said, it's been nice knowing everyone since apparently I'm out the door.
              I actually assumed he meant me! ^^ Although I would assume that, whoever it is, he would contact them directly first. He's admin after all. I don't think anyone is being banned just yet.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

Wrong.

Expect a ban, soon!
                What did I miss?!? Jeeze, go away for a day and the forum falls apart

Mostly art.

Comment

Nothing is falling apart. >.>
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
                    Nothing is falling apart. >.>
                    And nobody is getting banned...let the man be ranty.

This IS the rant thread

...now move along folks, nothing to see here.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Tumblr is packed to the brim with people who are highly oversensitive to race and culture. Just when I think I've unfollowed the last person on my dash to complain about white people, another one pops up.

There. I got that out of my system, FINALLY.

Comment

Of course I get a raging flu right before midterms :/

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                          Tumblr is packed to the brim with people who are highly oversensitive to race and culture. Just when I think I've unfollowed the last person on my dash to complain about white people, another one pops up.

There. I got that out of my system, FINALLY.
                          Damn you, whitey!!!!
                          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                            Damn you, whitey!!!!
                            Everlast, represent.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              Everlast, represent.
                              Then, you'll know what it's like... to jump around.
                              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                                Then, you'll know what it's like... to jump around.
                                to jump up, jump up, and jump around?

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X