Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

^^^
    Totally. I write Internet content, blogs, and articles for a living and sometimes I see work from other writers and wonder how they get by writing like that. We all make typos and errors, especially when we've revised a work to the point where we can't see them anymore, but some people seem to not even care.

Re: "I'm no Stephen King"- I bet Stephen King is no Stephen King. He has editors, so who knows what his drafts look like?

Comment

Lexi *our big baby pit bull* is wining like a wolf outside my window. The older dog Poppy has been sleeping inside last night and tonight because she's not feeling well. Lexi will not have any of it. She's just crying and crying.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
        I pronounce it like Ana...
        I love that pronunciation. I used to dislike my first name because of the way it's pronounced round here where I live...until one day someone pronounced it differently and it sounded so very elegant!

Comment

K'Roe has pneumonia. I was up with her all night Sunday because she couldn't breathe and she'd have a panic attack because she'd think she was dying.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            K'Roe has pneumonia. I was up with her all night Sunday because she couldn't breathe and she'd have a panic attack because she'd think she was dying.

Oh no! Many hugs and healthy vibes for K'Roe!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Oh sh*t!!! Love and hugs from me!!!
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

So I'm a bit bummed. Not ranty. So next week I start working at the new store. But it's not ready yet. So there's orientation from 8-5 at a Hilton in another city that is about 3 hours by bus. And so I had to ask the assistant to see if she could hook me up with a car pool since we are all from this area going way over there. I feel sorta helpless. But that's the reason I transferred to the store down the street. So transportation would not be a problem.

To top it I then seem to have days off in the week (I would use my pto to cover) and then Sat and Sun work 8-7pm. I'm fine doing it. I can pace myself etc. But I really dread explaining to my new boss I need to make sure I get a few breaks in there to eat. More then the usual lunch break. I'm going to pack my food no problem. We are next door to a market. And I'm sure my boss talked to the new boss about my medical condition. I know in the past when I've pushed myself a long work day past 8 hours I just never make it. So I'm going to talk to my boss today to ask if he talked to my new boss. And if not I'm going to call my new boss now so there are no surprises.

This is where I like to not tell people I'm Diabetic but I know it's important. Meh. This sucks. I feel...ashamed.

EDIT: Apparently since we all are living over here, there is a car pool going on at our new store. Both ride there and back. So that's taken care of.

Comment

I dont like people

orDont dismiss my beliefs as hocus pocus. I am sorry no divine came to you. Maybe because your a breeding ground of negativity. You watch ghost stories all day long and if you suggest its real its cool if I do you act disgusted. forget you. you came to me about your beliefs. you opened this subject in the beginning. compare me to a christian who doesnt believe in anything real.

you believe in science huh. have fun. science is constantly changing and adapting. spirituality on any for m clearly means nothing for you. i almost feel bad for you. your going to continue to be the same negative hatefull person you are. your too lazy to change yourself you just rather complain and whine all day long. nothing will ever change for you. nothing. you are too lazy to spend time with your children. your kids listen to me better then. you. your kids lives are going to be difficult you set them up to fail.

one day theyll be grown and you will have to get one of those things called a job. the state wont pay your way no more. your mother will die and no boss will allow you to respond that way. call me spoiled ha mommy isnt saving my butt around every corner. if it wasnt for your mom youd starve have your utilities shut off. your on low income and have a new car.

you havent put your kids in counseling because you know it will back fire on you. guess what theres a whole heck of alot more to parenting then not being an addict. kudos you cleaned up doesnt mean you deserve a mommy award.

Whats more important spending $300 on your kids birthday party, food, or clothes. youd pick the party. yes you love your kids but your priorities are insane. you beg and borrow money to blow....im just done

Comment

There's nothing you can do about being diabetic, and you are protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, Medusa, so hang tough. I think (at least I like to think) that most people understand these things these days.

Best wishes on the new job! New bosses can be nerve racking, but, hopefully, he/she will be a reasonably decent human being.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Re: I dont like people

Well it sounds like your upset , I really don't have a clue who this is directed to. So all I can say is hope everything works out
                      Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Thanks. I'm just nervous. I don't want people to 'accommodate' me. I want to just manage on my own. I just have to make sure I'm prepared for those long days and pack well. I'll think of it as 'camping'

Comment

Friends/ roomates. Just frustrated badly with them.....I am moving so soon I ranted here other then fighting them. She has hostilirty towards her kids yes her kids but for riducouls reasons its morning or they touched her plants death if you hurt her plant. a visitor or guest shes like there little yes. She really dont care about their education as much as she pretends. She doesnt give her kids any chance of one on one till half hour before bed. Its go watch tv. Yes you can play with that just go. She doesnt make any effort to problem solve with her kids 7 6 3 they need to learn how to deal with disputes. they scream yell and hit. the school has to teach them manners. her kids can play.video games all day long. watch movies into bed time . intill her spouse they stayed up all night ate candy and cookies for breakfast. her oldest got bottle rpt from being on the bottle to long had to have alot o teeth pulled at 2/3. If shes bored she watches tv with them. Never reads to them didnt teach them her colors

guess what shes quailified to be a preschool teacher.

Your kid delayed she act all high and mighty if it wasnt for her spouse her kids be a wreck.

Comment

We actually have a random rant thread designed for this type of thing. Did you want this to have its own thread for any specific reason?
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post

you believe in science huh. have fun. science is constantly changing and adapting.
                              I'm mildly offended by this.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
                                Friends/ roomates. Just frustrated badly with them.....I am moving so soon I ranted here other then fighting them. She has hostilirty towards her kids yes her kids but for riducouls reasons its morning or they touched her plants death if you hurt her plant. a visitor or guest shes like there little yes. She really dont care about their education as much as she pretends. She doesnt give her kids any chance of one on one till half hour before bed. Its go watch tv. Yes you can play with that just go. She doesnt make any effort to problem solve with her kids 7 6 3 they need to learn how to deal with disputes. they scream yell and hit. the school has to teach them manners. her kids can play.video games all day long. watch movies into bed time . intill her spouse they stayed up all night ate candy and cookies for breakfast. her oldest got bottle rpt from being on the bottle to long had to have alot o teeth pulled at 2/3. If shes bored she watches tv with them. Never reads to them didnt teach them her colors

guess what shes quailified to be a preschool teacher.

Your kid delayed she act all high and mighty if it wasnt for her spouse her kids be a wreck.
                                Sounds like bad parenting to me but if your moving then at least u won't have to deal with it anymore
                                Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Working...
                                X