THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Today on my hike I found a nice warm spot to sit back and listen for a while and do some reading, I lit some incense and after a while I decided to draw out a season wheel in the dirt in front of me and reflect on it. It was then a jogger crossed where I was stopped, looked at me disapprovingly and moved on with out a word. With out trying to I feel like I had created a sacred space and had it invaded. I thought I was secluded but obviously I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
      Today on my hike I found a nice warm spot to sit back and listen for a while and do some reading, I lit some incense and after a while I decided to draw out a season wheel in the dirt in front of me and reflect on it. It was then a jogger crossed where I was stopped, looked at me disapprovingly and moved on with out a word. With out trying to I feel like I had created a sacred space and had it invaded. I thought I was secluded but obviously I was wrong.
      Been there, minus incense and a different (although similar- spirals) meditative topic. I always wondered if, and how, it occurred to the other person that I was in the wrong when they were the ones who chose to run past and do the judging. I don't mind if they run by, but it's not their place to indicate I'm in the wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Adding this to my rant:

It speaks for itself.

Comment

Usually I'm pretty alert and aware, I guess I was pretty into what I was doing I guess. I wish I had just continued and not let it bother me but ultimately I decided to pack up and move along.

Comment

It happens, unfortunately we share the planet and can't block people out of our own little force-field bubbles. Although that would be cool...

Comment

Mother-in-law.

I changed her to Dragon Lady in my phone til husband made me change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenny View Post
              Mother-in-law.

I'd change your husband's name in your phone to mama's boy.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Adding this to my rant:

It speaks for itself.

This right here makes me cry. I would also like to do the exact same things to these two men that they did to those animals. Cruel, abusive, violent, assholes....

Mother-in-law.

Also tell your husband that if he doesn't like it maybe he should be looking at YOUR phone. I don't like the name my husband has for me in his phone but its his phone.

I'm also pretty disgusted with a certain branch of the US government. They do know they are elected officials right?? They do know they might not be elected in the next election right? I think we need some new Congressman and Senators voted in. I particularly took offense to a statement they made in their letter to Iran about how the President would only been in office for 2 more years and they however will be in office for much longer, years, decades after him. That scares me a little as well..

- - - Updated - - -

Second, the offices of our Constitution have different characteristics. For example, the president may serve only two 4-year terms, whereas senators may serve an unlimited number of 6-year terms. As applied today, for instance, President Obama will leave office in January 2017, while most of us will remain in office well beyond then—perhaps decades.

http://www.cotton.senate.gov/content/cotton-and-46-fellow-senators-send-open-letter-leaders-islamic-republic-iran

"If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I'd love to have enough idealism left to be enraged about Senators side-stepping the President in an area they aren't supposed to.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be anything new

Tim Stanley says undermining a president’s foreign policy is not at all unique from either left or right.

at least this time it's in the open.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

A while back, I made a post about cuts to the CNL night trains in Europe. Well, it looks like the cut to the Amsterdam-Prague line (which went through Berlin) finally went ahead. I went to book a night train to Amsterdam and it was no longer there I checked the CNL website and the line is gone.

Thanks, Deutsche Bahn (it's Deutsche Bahn's fault, because it was the party that decided to stop servicing a good chunk of CNL lines running through Germany, which is a lot of lines due to the fact that Germany is smack in the middle of Europe). Glad you care more about pinching every penny than investing in services. People took that train. I never saw it less than 3/4 full.

Comment

My flaky scalp. I know it's hardly important in the grand scheme of things but it's driving me round the bend. It must be a year now since it went all flaky and nothing will clear it, nothing. The doctor is no help, changing my diet is no help...maybe I'm doomed to be brushing crap off my shoulders for ever.

Comment

Sounds like you may be in the beginnings of Psoriasis. I have had to deal with this for about 25-30 years..Started in my late 40's. Psoriasis Is A Chronic Immune Disease. That said,you may have to get used to it. I am fairly lucky,and it is limited for the most part to my scalp. Your system creates more skin cells than you need. Being an immune disease,there is no real cure..
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          A while back, I made a post about cuts to the CNL night trains in Europe. Well, it looks like the cut to the Amsterdam-Prague line (which went through Berlin) finally went ahead. I went to book a night train to Amsterdam and it was no longer there I checked the CNL website and the line is gone.

Thanks, Deutsche Bahn (it's Deutsche Bahn's fault, because it was the party that decided to stop servicing a good chunk of CNL lines running through Germany, which is a lot of lines due to the fact that Germany is smack in the middle of Europe). Glad you care more about pinching every penny than investing in services. People took that train. I never saw it less than 3/4 full.
                          Noooo. Seriously? They did that? How the **** am I supposed to get around europe now? I like train travel... idiots... I was thinking of a trip to prague next spring... it's not like getting around by train was easy to begin with, but it was possible thanks to Deutsche Bahn.
                          You remind me of the babe
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                            Also tell your husband that if he doesn't like it maybe he should be looking at YOUR phone. I don't like the name my husband has for me in his phone but its his phone.
                            It that to be shouldn't be looking? I promised him her and I would try to get along (there is no reasoning with her that women is nuts) and he didn't like the name calling.

Comment

It that to be shouldn't be looking? I promised him her and I would try to get along (there is no reasoning with her that women is nuts) and he didn't like the name calling.
                              Eh, Dragon Lady is pretty tame. You married him despite her, he should suck it up as long as you are polite to her face. And your phone is entitled to have your opinion of your MIL (mine says MIL from HELL, so it could be worse...) when she rings. If he doesn't like it, he should lighten up or stop looking at your phone.

Might be worth investing in a good ringtone...Cruella DeVille or The B**** is Back might be options
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
                                My flaky scalp. I know it's hardly important in the grand scheme of things but it's driving me round the bend. It must be a year now since it went all flaky and nothing will clear it, nothing. The doctor is no help, changing my diet is no help...maybe I'm doomed to be brushing crap off my shoulders for ever.
                                how hot is the water you are using to wash your hair with?
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X