Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
    So hears my question when do I get to say I told you so? When do i get to say why wont you listen to me? When do I get say why wont you listen to yourself?? Why the hell do I get thrown to the side and am no longer a friend because she she stops using her freakin head. This man has never put anyone first but himself. He didn't keep his girls by himself until after they were 3 because he didn't want to.
    You have a legitimate concern about her being a good friend to you, and that's a door that should definitely swing both ways. You can say those things any time you want to, but that is only good choice if you enjoy drama. If you aren't too crazy about drama and want this person to be in your life, wait until you find a way to express your feelings from a place of love rather than hurt. If you don't want this person in your life, why waste your breath?

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
      You have a legitimate concern about her being a good friend to you, and that's a door that should definitely swing both ways. You can say those things any time you want to, but that is only good choice if you enjoy drama. If you aren't too crazy about drama and want this person to be in your life, wait until you find a way to express your feelings from a place of love rather than hurt. If you don't want this person in your life, why waste your breath?
      I have to agree.

I'll also add that when I'm seriously hurting, the last thing I want are friends around at that time. Because they mean well and are all judgy-judgy. Sometimes I just want to wallow in my own extasy and misery and decision process and whatnot.

I don't know that it is ever a good idea to say I told you so to a friend. They have to make their owl choices...you don't know what their feelings really are, you aren't living their pain or their joy. Its very easy to look on from the outside...and yeah, its every annoying to have someone ignore what you can see perfectly. But people want hope, and she's conditioned to that relationship. Better the devil you know than the mystery guy.

I have a friend that has been going back to the same jerk over and over and over for years. All you can do is say "when you are ready to leave, I'm here but until then, I'm not a door mat for your drama" Of course, that might go just as well as "told you so"
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I have never told her "I told you so". Though I have wanted to shake her a time or two. All she has ever wanted is to get married and have children. Her goal when we were in high school was to be married and have kids by the time she was 22 and guess what she managed it. She doesn't like him, shes not attracted to him, they have nothing in common.

The new guy was great UNTIL she found out the ex had got a new girl friend and wanted them to meet. After A. met her she decided she loved him and wanted to be with him. He doesn't want her when she wants him and she only wanted him because someone else wanted him, so she thought maybe she was missing something.

And your right she wants her happily ever after. She wants him to be someone hes not. She is and can be just as selfish and hardheaded as he is. I will suck up my hurt and betrayal because she needs me.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

What started off in another thread:

Ljubezen: Shift lead is causing problems again. Encouraging gossip regarding fictitious complaints, indirectly trying to get me in trouble for something I've never done but everyone else (including her) does, and trying to get other people to do her dirty work for her.

Perhaps it's time for another HR report. I'm also done playing little-miss-subtle.
          Is ending up here, because I didn't have enough time to talk to the boss man before this came to a head and I was confronted with "multiple complaints" regarding the very topic I was given so little forewarning about. Verbally, and professionally, I think I came out of it ok. I was able to counter all the allegations with the reality of the situation (i.e. I did do everything I was supposed to do, including those things I've been accused of not doing), and was told that I was doing everything right then and didn't need to change any behavior and my boss would talk to those who complained. But it's not several people, it's one person pulling the strings and then saying "well so many people have said it to me."

Emotionally... I'm not ok. I will be, but I'm not right now. Between this, and the fact it's been going on for almost my entire time spent in this company, the fact that this person sabotaged my long-term aspirations in this company (which I was well on my way to achieving quickly before she filed a false complaint against me - and nobody bothered to tell me about it so I couldn't defend myself), my home situation (which some of you are aware of), and the fact that this is not the first time this has happened to me in a workplace before. I sometimes think it's just me and I'm the problem, but there's only ever a single person who has issue with me and I get along great with everyone else in every workplace I've been in, so I don't think it's just me.

I think my mind is just too burnt out to handle it all right now. And I have half a mind of simply shutting out everyone at work from here on out, and maybe for the foreseeable future. Since this person stepped in at work, I've gone from productive, inquisitive, and positive to paranoid and defensive. It's not healthy, I don't know how to counter it, I don't know how to prevent it from happening in future jobs, I don't even know why it started in this one. And part of me REALLY wants to retaliate in some level, but the smarter part knows it wouldn't end well to act rashly.

Hopefully I can just get through tonight and the next two days until my weekend happens.

Thanks for reading my novel, those who didn't just go tl;dr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
            What started off in another thread:

Is ending up here, because I didn't have enough time to talk to the boss man before this came to a head and I was confronted with "multiple complaints" regarding the very topic I was given so little forewarning about. Verbally, and professionally, I think I came out of it ok. I was able to counter all the allegations with the reality of the situation (i.e. I did do everything I was supposed to do, including those things I've been accused of not doing), and was told that I was doing everything right then and didn't need to change any behavior and my boss would talk to those who complained. But it's not several people, it's one person pulling the strings and then saying "well so many people have said it to me."

Emotionally... I'm not ok. I will be, but I'm not right now. Between this, and the fact it's been going on for almost my entire time spent in this company, the fact that this person sabotaged my long-term aspirations in this company (which I was well on my way to achieving quickly before she filed a false complaint against me - and nobody bothered to tell me about it so I couldn't defend myself), my home situation (which some of you are aware of), and the fact that this is not the first time this has happened to me in a workplace before. I sometimes think it's just me and I'm the problem, but there's only ever a single person who has issue with me and I get along great with everyone else in every workplace I've been in, so I don't think it's just me.

I think my mind is just too burnt out to handle it all right now. And I have half a mind of simply shutting out everyone at work from here on out, and maybe for the foreseeable future. Since this person stepped in at work, I've gone from productive, inquisitive, and positive to paranoid and defensive. It's not healthy, I don't know how to counter it, I don't know how to prevent it from happening in future jobs, I don't even know why it started in this one. And part of me REALLY wants to retaliate in some level, but the smarter part knows it wouldn't end well to act rashly.

Hopefully I can just get through tonight and the next two days until my weekend happens.

Thanks for reading my novel, those who didn't just go tl;dr.
            I have been there and done that. I am sorry your going through it again.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
              I have been there and done that. I am sorry your going through it again.
              Thank you. All I can hope is that it gets better soon.

Comment

So yesterday there was a terrible Fire in one of the adjacent apartment buildings. 4 critical wounded, 1 fatality. I was under the impression that building was unoccupied... Apparently it wasn't. The water and gas is now off for all of our buildings. So my apartment is legally uninhabitable. So I had to call my insurance company and now my pregnant ass my boyfriend and 2 cats are sitting in a hotel room that smells like soap, I know that there are worse things to smell, but it's a little bit consuming. On the up side, I can flush the toilet now. I'll probably feel better after a shower, gods know I need one of those... It's just stressful, on top of keeping track of all the fun gestational diabetes stuff, which I suddenly have to learn to do eating out... And I could really use some cake...
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I hate walking. Hate it.

So, when I am walking, it is for a purpose, and I aim to get it done as soon as possible... so I walk fast.

If you are one of those people who like to dawdle while walking, please do not do it in a group, or at least do it in a single file line...

If I am behind you in a store, or on the sidewalk, and you are walking 2/3/4 abreast, taking up the whole path, casually strolling at a snail's pace... I am silently plotting your slow torturous murder.

I'm just sayin'
                  "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Going to the Renaissance Festival tomorrow with KP and his best friend. BF has never been to a Renn fair and because of this I am apparently not allowed to go in costume. Hes being a fun sucker. I even willingly gave up my belly dance costume which by the way is beautiful and fantastic for a simple skirt belt and corset and hes still throwing a hissy about it. I might just leave their a@#es at home and go by myself in what I wan to wear!! I don't have as much of a good time in regular clothes as I do in costume. Its so much more fun and growing up at this particular fair (my mother belly danced here growing up) I have a particular obsession with always being in costume here. This is home for me, and not being in costume makes me feel like an outsider. I know it might seem trivial but for me its a big deal.

Comment

We are going next Sunday. My friend is renting a costume there. I don't want to dress up. So I said I'd go as their witchy evil pet cat/human hybrid.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That is a perfect costume for you Duce!! Are you wearing cat ears? I don't mind if they don't go in costume. Like I said mine is simple and nothing extraordinary. I dug through the closet and pieced it together.

Comment

Day 5 with no gas, we got water back last night, but I need a hot shower, I'm itchy, and hot water is magical while you are pregnant. Also can't have hot food, no gas and no microwave = cold food and no tea. Also the gestational diabetes thing kinda sucks, I have yet to find a breakfast that doesn't spike my blood sugar, and my fasting sugar remains too high. And im grumpy damnit!

which makes me want to eat a pint of ice cream... This is gonna make my sugar too high again
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I am sick of our local newspaper. Its staff does everything they can to accommodate the local conservatives and make sure their voices are heard. But, when it comes to the "liberal" end of things, they continually find moderates and present their arguments as if they were liberal ones. There is a crisis about lgbt rights in my area right now, and a lot of lgbt persons have lost the few, brief protections that they had. The paper is bending over backwards to present the conservative point of view, but their only attempt (that I've seen) to counter those arguments has been to feature a horribly-written editorial from a local pastor who isn't even lgbt and whose lack of a confidentiality policy has led to some local lgbt folks being outed against their will. Is it so much to ask that an lgbt(q, etc.) person represent that community?
                            OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                            The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                            Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Just goes to show you,humans will fight over the stupidest things.

Tulsa Roommates Batter Each Other With Beer Bottles in iPhone vs. Android Dispute

http://www.wwgp1050.com/2015/04/18/t...droid-dispute/
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm so effin grumpy today for no reason that I can think of. It's beautiful weather, getting my car serviced and all is going smooth. Gonna get breakfast at my favorite family diner with the hubby afterwards. So why am I so grumpy mcgrumperson?

Oh yeah. CRAMPS.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X