THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

They made a battleship movie, nothing surprises me anymore.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukali View Post
      I do enjoy a good erotic novel, but not in the style Fifty Shades of Grey was written. How can anyone get anything from an erotic novel when the passages are like "And he touched her down there." Down where? Her knees? Feet? How am I supposed to know?
      oh. and the male genitalia (sorry, I'm trying not to use inapropriate language)... from what I remember it had two names throughout the entire book, none of which were either flattering nor remotely sexy. just hilarious. also, one word: popsicle.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
        oh. and the male genitalia (sorry, I'm trying not to use inapropriate language)... from what I remember it had two names throughout the entire book, none of which were either flattering nor remotely sexy. just hilarious. also, one word: popsicle.
        hahahahahaha. I know I promised I wouldn't read it but it does seem funny. Though I don't think I'll manage to sit through it. Non-erotic stories written like the samples I've read, don't appeal to me either.

Comment

Originally posted by kazumi View Post
          hahahahahaha. I know I promised I wouldn't read it but it does seem funny. Though I don't think I'll manage to sit through it. Non-erotic stories written like the samples I've read, don't appeal to me either.
          it's absolutely terribly written (in my oppinion). But it IS funny, for that same reason. there's no taking the steamier scenes seriously because of it ^^ but really, if you have anything better to do with your time, don't put yourself through it. I was incredibly bored when I read it.
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            They made a battleship movie, nothing surprises me anymore.
            That the one where the battleship fights an alien thing?...yup,battleship confined to just the water beats a flying spaceship with buzzsaw flying things..
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              That the one where the battleship fights an alien thing?...yup,battleship confined to just the water beats a flying spaceship with buzzsaw flying things..
              I don't remember an alien in the board game.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

But the movie had one and they kinda beat it by saying b-32 or something...Did We hit it??

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

But the movie had one and they kinda beat it by saying b-32 or something...Did We hit it??
                  Its a BATTLESHIP....

Most. Awesome. Ship. Ever.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree Thal,but against a spaceship???? Can we get a battlestar up in here,or a deathstar might do...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I agree Thal,but against a spaceship???? Can we get a battlestar up in here,or a deathstar might do...
                      No, you can't have a death star to fight opposition that's already in Earth's atmosphere. I don't really care to see the effects of bringing a second moon up close and personal to the planet. An SSD? Sure. No Death Stars.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                        it's absolutely terribly written (in my oppinion). But it IS funny, for that same reason. there's no taking the steamier scenes seriously because of it ^^ but really, if you have anything better to do with your time, don't put yourself through it. I was incredibly bored when I read it.
                        It was a Twilight fanatic originally. What'd you expect? (We are still talking 50 Shades right? )
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Flaming downstairs neighbours and their Whitney Houston obsession.

Comment

Nothing prepared me for the fact that fixing my laptop would cost more than my the monthly rent of my flat.
                            baah.

Comment

I was planning on doing stuff today. But an oil tank next to the gas station across the road decided to catch fire instead.
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Ok, so I got an infected hangnail or ingrown nail (not sure exactly what's up) an my index finger. Sunday it was swollen, Monday it had a blister, and when it wasn't better on Tuesday, I decided to go to the doctor. They couldn't do much because if it needed to be cut, a surgeon has to do it. So, they put it in a splint and referred me to a surgeon and told me to go the next day. They also gave me a tetanus shot, because I'm stupid and totally forgot about my booster years ago. I probably don't have tetanus, but it will keep me from contracting it.

Anyway, my right hand is wrapped up and I can't use my index finger at all. I can use my left hand, but a) I am right handed, and b) my tetanus shot made my arm hurt, so I can't really use my arm. Doing things is super hard, and typing is super hard.

Anyway, I took yesterday and today off, but I have to work again tomorrow. I have no savings (long story, but some expenses came up and I had to spend all of them.) So, I have to try. I write for a living, so this is a huge hardship for me. I'm trying to practice a bit (hence this rant), but I type soooo slow! It's terrible timing, because I was just starting to get on my feet again

Anyway I went to the surgeon today and he had to cut off the part of the skin that's infected, so I'm still bandaged up. But I really hope I heal quickly so I can work at a normal pace again and actually pay my bills....

Comment

Working...
                                X