Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Watched the news and it seems this is a thing happening in many states. Yeh,this country is so messing with freedom of religion(tongue deep in cheek)
    The INTENT of the law is to prevent organizations from being forced to do something against their charter -

for instance, if I decide to found the He-Man Woman Haters Club, I could not be forced to accept woman-loving men as members based on equal rights rulings.

While I agree with the intent, the bill is poorly written, and, as written, would actually allow discrimination in almost any way, by almost any person.

That is the real problem.

SB 1062
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

^^^ and I believe that's intentional, to open the door. We're like 50 different countries now, no more "United", no more "liberty and justice FOR ALL".
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        ^^^ and I believe that's intentional, to open the door.
        I agree. No first year law student would use language that sloppy, let alone some one in the business of writing state-wide laws. It's either intentional or criminal stupidity.

But the regular person, who generally doesn't actually read a bill to find out what it says, might be getting completely different information than you (because they associate with different people, pay attention to other information sources, have different values, etc.), causing them to arrive at the conclusion that people who are against this bill want to force them, by law, to associate with people that don't want to, and to be forced, by law, to never say "no" to a request, making them into a servant class.

Both sides are equally wrong, because each side in a polarized debate only pays attention to half of what's going on.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

1. How a bout a law banning sales to all Christians? Let's just see what kind of lawyering up they do then copy them in our lawsuits.

2. A religious rpg is dumb as fing rocks.

3. Had insomnia. Didn't go to bed until 4am.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It'd be funny if it passed and then straight people went in undercover in pairs and got asked if they were gay, or whatever. I would SO do that, and then make a HUGE scene.
            sigpic

Comment

It reminds me of the lawsuit, some years back, where a young lady was finally allowed to become a Boy Scout. My take on it then was, if only I had known of this idea when I was younger. I would have joined the Girl Scouts in a heart beat! <evil grin>

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Dear Lord, it's storm watch 2014 all across the Southland. Everyone, and I do mean everyone and their tia Lupe was in my store buying every single tarp in stock. Now I know the last time it rained you all came in and bought all our tarps then too. And the time before that. Considering it doesn't really rain for a good 6 month period. You've had a whole dang year to fix your leaky roof!

Sarah and I were seriously so mad, that after we spent 2 hours closing and cleaning the store, we had worked all the anger out of our tired bones.

Comment

I am sick and tired of people trying to cram BS technology down my throat everyday of my life, I can live with out it. I do not want their iphones, smart phones, gps, or any other thing that falls in the category! I don't want it on my person, in my home, or in my car. And the people that keep pushing it need to get a life and stop living in their pseudo worlds and enjoy the real one. I do not understand it when I see a group of "friends" out walking or at a restaurant and 90% of them are texting or talking on their phones to someone else. This lap top and track phone are more than enough intrusion in my life I don't need anymore.
                  Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I am catching pretty strong feelings for the person I'm dating.
                    Having strong feelings for someone scares me.
                    I don't know if I should be happy or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      I am sick and tired of people trying to cram BS technology down my throat everyday of my life, I can live with out it. I do not want their iphones, smart phones, gps, or any other thing that falls in the category! I don't want it on my person, in my home, or in my car. And the people that keep pushing it need to get a life and stop living in their pseudo worlds and enjoy the real one. I do not understand it when I see a group of "friends" out walking or at a restaurant and 90% of them are texting or talking on their phones to someone else. This lap top and track phone are more than enough intrusion in my life I don't need anymore.
                      You forgot the utter weirdness of all your private life floating around in "the cloud" for all eternity - way long after your death.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather store my stuff on a little card - if I actually had a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                        It reminds me of the lawsuit, some years back, where a young lady was finally allowed to become a Boy Scout. My take on it then was, if only I had known of this idea when I was younger. I would have joined the Girl Scouts in a heart beat! <evil grin>

In Denmark this is a little bizarre because I girl can join the boy scouts but the reverse isn't possible .
                        Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          You forgot the utter weirdness of all your private life floating around in "the cloud" for all eternity - way long after your death.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather store my stuff on a little card - if I actually had a choice.
                          I was just recently recalling how for a while after my father died, I wrote him emails. Nobody had, or tried to get, the password, and I wonder if that account is still active and gathering eternal spam.

It'd make a decent short story in the hands of a Ray Bradbury or Stephen King. Lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                            I wonder if that account is still active and gathering eternal spam.
                            Accounts expire after a while, I know my old yahoo accounts did.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

so sick....

fever, chills, killer headache, joints hurt, sore throat

blegh
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                so sick....

fever, chills, killer headache, joints hurt, sore throat

blegh
                                I hate to tell you this, but you are going to be a zombie in the next 24 hours. So says my new zombie book I've been listening to. I had a customer sneeze at work and I said Gazuntite (or whatever) and then I thought ZOMBIE!

Comment

Working...
                                X