Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I dont like people

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    We actually have a random rant thread designed for this type of thing. Did you want this to have its own thread for any specific reason?

Mad annoyed. Didnt think it be a problem. But I will note it for future reference...figure rant was rant...
    Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I'm mildly offended by this.
    Understandable. I was not picking my words rightly. I was frustrated. And mean no disrespect towards your beliefs thoughts or view points.

so delete if you feel the need.

And I am not saying this with any anger or scarcaism or anything ill natured. I was just trying to not snap at people in my real life and chose the wrong way to post it. At the time I wasnt thinking of it. If I wrote it out pen to paper they would just stand over my shoulder and read. Deleted it move it. I apologize for having to see me scream.

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
      Mad annoyed. Didnt think it be a problem. But I will note it for future reference...figure rant was rant...
      For the most part it isn't a major issue. We just prefer rants that you aren't intentionally pushing for a discussion to go to rants, it keeps them consolidated instead of in several hundred mini-threads. I have a secondary reason in that, I expect rants at unspecified individuals who don't necessarily have anything to do with PF in the various rant threads. People (myself included though you can't necessarily see all of mine without special permissions), use them for that all the time. Since that specific kind of post doesn't show up normally outside the rant threads, I start racking my brain for who or what on the forum you're talking about if I see threads dedicated to it.

Also, I have no plans to delete this. It's a rant, they happen. I will probably merge it with the normal rant thread though in a few hours.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Ok well I was watching an omnia music video and I was scrolling through the comments and I come across a comment that pretty much said if your american then u can't be pagan. Lol I don't know why this dude thought it would be a good idea to post this . But it was just so stupid that I had to rant on it
        Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
          Understandable. I was not picking my words rightly. I was frustrated. And mean no disrespect towards your beliefs thoughts or view points.
          No, you misunderstand. Science isn't a belief. You can't say "I don't believe in the laws of physics", or "I don't believe in thermodynamics". I mean, you can, but then you're a crazy person. Science isn't my belief. Science is fact. Science is theory. Science is natural law. What I found offensive, was your dismissive nature towards science. "Oh, you believe in science, well...have fun with that. You loopy F***." - that's how it sounded. As though your belief in mystical juju is better than the theory of science, the theory of our natural life.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            Thanks. I'm just nervous. I don't want people to 'accommodate' me. I want to just manage on my own. I just have to make sure I'm prepared for those long days and pack well. I'll think of it as 'camping'
            Soooo many people are diabetic or pre-diabetic. I'm sure your new boss will have some awareness & consideration. We've got about 10 people w/it at our front desk (I don't know what the overall stats for diabetes are, but at our front desk it seems to be about 1 in 8) - and no one bats an eye when they run to the break room to stuff food in their faces or do a finger-stick

You'll knock their socks off w/your stellar job performance anyway!
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I just had to take apart my keyboard because I shouldn't eat at my desk and pear chutney makes the keys sticky. Go me.

Comment

Surprised you could take it apart Rowan,most of the new ones are kinda disposable types(as in no fix) I have an old IBM 5 pound one that is solid,why I keep it around.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Tramadol. Hydrocodone. Oxycodone. Cannabis.

I seriously need to get on a program, that works, and not be forced to experiment with dangerous and illegal substances.

I just want SAFE and EFFECTIVE pain management! Is that so difficult?? Yup! Grrrr

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm torn.

1. This is a rant, so we tend to say all sorts of things in anger just to vent and be spiteful and to be on our own side.

2. Technically science does change because people's understanding of science changes. We can only be as smart as we are at present time. We can only take for fact something we can prove now. And of course hundreds of years ago science looked a lot different. Take alchemy. It was 'believed' to be 'true'. We now know it isn't. So technically...technically I wouldn't care. But I tend not to nitpick someone else's rant because it's not worth it.

Let it gooooooooooo~~~~~~~
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Science is the study of the natural world, reasoned inquiry. It is through science that our understanding changes, not the other way around. At any rate, while it's true that our understanding of a particular thing might evolve over time it is still describing the same thing.

There have been many ways of describing gravity, and there will probably be many more, they are all a reflection of our increasingly refined understanding of a particular phenomena informed by observation and experimentation.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

my 7 key on the numeric key pad of my laptop is getting stuck. :xD:
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          my 7 key on the numeric key pad of my laptop is getting stuck. :xD:
                          ....whatd you spill on it. ..!!??
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

This week has sucked. I had to verify our entire liquor department at work on Monday (we do this every month). So on Tuesday and Wednesday I had very stiff and sore legs and butt from all the bending, sitting on hard tile, and standing back up. On Tuesday my shoulder started killing me when I was in bed and all through Wednesday. The pain was bad enough it was traveling down to my fingers. I kept the pain in check on Thursday by wearing a sling. Today, I wake up with the left half of my upper lip all swollen. I don't know what happened. I look like I had a botched lip enhancement surgery. I need groceries, but I don't want to go out looking like this.

I'd say I want a do-over for this week, but I don't want to deal with liquor again. So bring on next week instead and let's hope it's better.

Comment

If you see something listed for free in the classifieds and you're lucky enough to get it reserved for you, for the love of the gods, pick it up on time. If you say you'll be there around 6, that doesn't mean 6:30. Some of us have lives and we shouldn't have to sit around and wait for you to show up while you take your time picking up something you're being given for FREE.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                                If you see something listed for free in the classifieds and you're lucky enough to get it reserved for you, for the love of the gods, pick it up on time. If you say you'll be there around 6, that doesn't mean 6:30. Some of us have lives and we shouldn't have to sit around and wait for you to show up while you take your time picking up something you're being given for FREE.
                                Here, we just put it down by the street with a sign that says "do not steal."

It's gone in less than 20 minutes.

I had a tooth pulled about a month ago, and chunks of my jawbone are still working their way out of my gums. I feel like I'm teething.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X