Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Just saw a help wanted ad for an Estate Manager (equestrian). First on the list of qualifications is "Strong Christian values".
    Surely this can't be legal....
    Depending on where you're at, no, at least not in the US - it's in violation of the Equal Opportunity Employment Act. They're pretty clear on the whole thing, too. It's not just about employers being required to accommodate various religious practices, but not being able to hire or not hire people based on their religion.

US Dept of Labor - EOE Laws
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
      Depending on where you're at, no, at least not in the US - it's in violation of the Equal Opportunity Employment Act. They're pretty clear on the whole thing, too. It's not just about employers being required to accommodate various religious practices, but not being able to hire or not hire people based on their religion.

US Dept of Labor - EOE Laws
      Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I remember when I was in a job where I hired people, being told how to carefully word the ads. This ad I'm talking about is in a Kentucky based publication, and the job is in South Carolina. It really ruffled my feathers.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
        I can't seem to be online at the same time Medusa is online.
        I'm sorry. I've just been spending time in bed.

Went to the dentist for my full exam. Have to go on Friday to get it taken care of. Losing work over the weekend. SUX.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I was told by my mother today that she hates me and I am no longer part of her family. I feel like she ripped out my heart and stomped on it. I could just cry.
          sigpic

Comment

wow...I'm so sorry Liadan...that totally sucks

*hug*

I'll light a candle for you later...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Oh Liadan, that's awful I'll light something for you, too.

My rant is that I seem to be in one of those miserable-if-I-let-it 24 hour stints. They have a big party for kids in my town the day before school starts. We got there a couple of hours late because I cooked dinner...I didn't know that the whole darn thing shut down at 7 pm for a teen dance (everything I saw said it ended at 9). They had a bounce house, popcorn, facepainting, cotton candy, a rock wall, free food...my kids didn't get to do any of that because they saw the little train ride and begged to go on it. I told them it was a long line, but they really wanted to. It took us an hour to get to the front of the line...and by the time we got there, they were packing everything else up I managed to get my kids a balloon, but they were all out of helium, my son lost his on the way home, and my daughter's popped as soon as we got into the car. Very tearful sad kids when we got home.

In addition, I'm not getting on facebook today, because I don't want to be tempted to get in a fight with all the crazy people I know about the earthquake "being a warning to the wicked people on the East Coast...especially in Washington". Gag.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                In addition, I'm not getting on facebook today, because I don't want to be tempted to get in a fight with all the crazy people I know about the earthquake "being a warning to the wicked people on the East Coast...especially in Washington". Gag.
                That's okay, I learned that if you have the "blood of Jesus" on you, you didn't feel it.

...I wonder what that means when you are Pagan, because I'm pretty sure that's a creepy way of saying you are the *right* kind of Christiantm
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I'm a big ball of stress today! Grrrrr >:/
                  "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                  - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Thanks for the support Thal and Deseret.
                    sigpic

Comment

I know it's the rant thread. I don't give a shit! >

(((((((((((((Liadan)))))))))))))
                      hugs^

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Thanks Chain! I am feeling the love lol. I guess I have my own family here on PF
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
                          Thanks Chain! I am feeling the love lol. I guess I have my own family here on PF
                          YEP,there's no place like home!
                          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Getting really sick of having to add words to my word processor's dictionary. How in the name of various gods "calendrical" isn't in there is beyond me. And before you ask, no, they don't have "calendric" either.

And as I look at this post Mozilla's dictionary doesn't contain the same words >:-(
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                              surrounded by plush, downy things,
                              ill prepared, but willing,
                              to descend."

Comment

After two and a half hours of tossing and turning I finally got to sleep last night. Not even an hour later and BAM thunderstorm.*facedesk*
                                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X