Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=8.msg5181#msg5181 date=1287576012]
    I've been considering deleting mine for some time now. But the problem for me is that my FAMILY - and not just distant family, I mean my mother, fathers, grandparents, in-laws - uses Facebook for PRIMARY communication. They'll message me on FB before they call me. THEY're more addicted to it than I am now. My number one reason I feel like I can't delete it - yeah, I know they'll call me if they need me or email me, but they've also primarily taken to discussion family business via status messages. They make plans, they share feelings, they console each other, etc. all through facebook, and they never included me before, so I feel like this is my way to somehow be a part of the family.

All that above is my rant.
    [/quote]

I have the same problem, except it's all my close friends. And I nearly did delete Facebook last month - I posted my status that I was going to delete it, and there was a huge outcry! Only TWO people who messaged me/responded had reasons not to delete it that made ANY sense. I HATE communicating through Facebook - I live alone, my partner is an ocean away from me, and I'm usually lonely. My mom never wants to talk on the phone with me, and NONE of my friends communicate with me EXCEPT through Facebook.

If I delete Facebook, who do I have? I'd LIKE to think that if you love me enough, you'll contact me in other ways, but I boycotted Facebook for a little while after that, and the sad truth is: Nobody did. I'm not sure if loneliness is worth the effort of self-righteousness.

So I just don't use it very often instead. And I deleted over 100 people (including some of you on here. I'm sorry - but my rule of thumb is: if you don't communicate with me somehow (say hello, comment on a photo, etc) on Facebook for more than a couple months without valid reason, I delete you.)

*shrug*

That's not even what I came here to rant about. I came here to rant about the emptiness of my bed, and how my pillows still retain the lingering scent of the person I love, and how I was confused when I couldn't find him in bed this morning. Fuck you, world.

Mostly art.

Comment

Don't advertise, that you're deleting, or leaving facebook. When I left it: no notice, no warning. I just deleted everything I could, and then canceled my account.

Unfortunately, there was a large crowd of people that were hurt and scared by it. Hurt because I didn't care to remain in contact with them (I still think WTF??) and scared because I was suddenly, completely off the radar - and people thought the worst.

FYI: when I re-registered for my flakebook account, everything I had set up before, was still setup. The only thing actually *gone* was the stuff I had, myself, deleted first.

Dragged. Kicking and screaming. Back into social networking. So that people know I didn't OFF myself.
      Me? Sociable? That's almost reason enough to end it all: remember? I'm anti-social and, in fact, a sociopath... according to the hospital records and mental health assessment.

Does anyone wonder where, in all that, my rant is, and should be? I thought not.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I WANT MY MONEY!!!!!! i told you i needed that money. You told me you would pay me back no matter what. Whether i was in your life or not, well im not and you still wont pay me back. I f**king hate you. pay me my goddamn money.

Comment

I know you are my mother, but I am not a child!!! Yes I have problems. No I don't want your help. If you ask me what I'm doing one more time I will scream!!! I might also tell you to stay the F out of my life.

Comment

Hmm, I like my fb. I don't play any games. I don't accept any requests whatsoever. No bff, no cause. Nothing. In fact it just builds up on the side and I just mass delete. I use it to really keep in contact and make plans with people I know. With my girlfriends having different work schedules, we keep in touch this way. Plus it's my free way to make plans with Hassan. I make fb work for me. It's MY bitch!

Rant.
            Periods. Make me have bad memory. I shopped for some sammy stuff and forgot to buy bread.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just realized that I probably need to grab a pad before I leave for orchestra. Medusa and I have been frighteningly in step for the past few months :P

*grumble*
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I'm trying to decide how upset I am vs how upset I should be.

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I'm kind of pissed that my friends are so in bits.. especially one of them. hes in a bad place and we both know what he needs to do to make it better but he just keeps stumbling over himself and making it worse or letting others put him back down into hell. just grrrrr.

Comment

I have a cold...and my son has eye/dental screening today so I have to leave the house. Bleh.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
                    --Douglas Adams (RIP)

http://corvuscorvidae.tumblr.com/ My Bloggerriffic Blogtastic Blo

Comment

i hate job hunting :'(

Comment

I am so looking forward to tonight. But SOO not looking forward to having to tidy my room first. X
                        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Feeling crappy and all the rain has made me cancel all my fun day plans with my friend. It's me, all my bedding and the laundromat today.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Sin link=topic=8.msg5529#msg5529 date=1287678971]
                            i hate job hunting :'(
                            [/quote]

your facebook rant has made me want to apply for an xmas job at waterstones!

my rant: Why do i feel like i need a guy to feel happy? Grr.

Comment

This day sucks. Dark is throwing up and I'm trying to figure out how to keep Jack and I from catching it - there's a chance it's food poisoning, but I heard that there was a virus going around so I'm nervous.

Usually I get through the day by thinking he'll be home soon... well, he's home. And he's going to be sick all night.

Comment

great.... more darn physio and to top things off, its a double session causing me to leave my psychology class early to spend an hour with the saddistic maniac who likes to cause pain in those who go for physio :/

Comment

Working...
                                X