THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I have been losing weight, but I feel it is out of nerves with the exhibition coming up. I have no appetite really... it is strange. And I am heefting canvases and helping set everything up which trust me, is burning plenty of calories!!! lol.

I just wish I had the money to re-start my gym membership. X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=8.msg14403#msg14403 date=1290033005]
      I go to the gym about 5 times a week. Honestly - half those times, I don't wanna go. You just gotta MAKE yourself do it. Think of it like a job. Okay body, every _________ at such and such time, you gotta go work out. Just like you gotta eat, and you gotta go to your job, and you gotta pee, and sleep.

Make it part of your schedule, and you are less likely to wimp out on it.
      [/quote]

And (I say this as someone that hasn't consistently worked out since the beginning of the semester, and hasn't worked out at all since Scott left) I forget the actual research and numbers...but it takes something like 6-8 weeks to establish something as a habit--but only like 3-5 days to revert back.

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

And, I'm on the other side... my brain is all excited that I have a new car, and has talked my body into driving to work for the last 2 1/2 weeks, rather than cycling... and now my body is revolting... I am sore, cramping, stiff, and just feel all-around-shitty.

When it comes to fitness, I should resume listening to my body, rather than my brain.

My brain is all about efficiency, while my body is all about the ride.

Body is winning right now... I will be cycling day after tomorrow... gotta replace tires tomorrow.

I'm tired of feeling like shit.
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=8.msg14519#msg14519 date=1290082887]
          And, I'm on the other side... my brain is all excited that I have a new car, and has talked my body into driving to work for the last 2 1/2 weeks, rather than cycling... and now my body is revolting... I am sore, cramping, stiff, and just feel all-around-shitty.
          [/quote]

I would love to bike to work...its only about three miles away from me...but I don't want to bike to work on the roads I have to drive on with the kids in the little kiddo trailer---its just not safe, I've seen enough bike accidents to risk myself, but not my kids
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I would just like to be *able* to ride a bike, again.

Of course, some days, I feel the same way about WALKING.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I have bad roots, but I can't afford to get them touched up before tomorrow! ArG! And I'm not doing it myself in case I fuck it up. X
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=8.msg14559#msg14559 date=1290089885]
                I have bad roots, but I can't afford to get them touched up before tomorrow! ArG! And I'm not doing it myself in case I fuck it up. X
                [/quote]

same problem here -.-
                sigpic

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=8.msg14559#msg14559 date=1290089885]
                  [/quote]

You just need to own them.

Find some punk sassy way to style you hair so it looks intentional.
                  sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=8.msg14564#msg14564 date=1290090105]

[/quote]

damn right!

I dig it when chicks own their off-color roots.

It is hot... if you own it.
                    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=8.msg14564#msg14564 date=1290090105]

[/quote]

Well I guess looking like a punk artist at the exhibition would be cool haha :P Need to figure out what to do with it! X

Comment

To random unknown person: You're such a douchebag. I want to kick you in your face.

Comment

I wish I didn't suck at life.

Mostly art.

Comment

I need a fricken car. Bad.

Comment

My vicoden has worn off and its not time to take another >

Comment

So...this place I'm at for the remainder of the week... It has wifi, but its "broken". If you're a business, and part of your business is provoding wifi to your patrons, "broken" isn't a good status to have said wifi in. Especially when its been like that since Monday. For the love of all that is techy, at least turn the damn router off so that it doesn't taunt me with its "excellent" signal. This is so disappointing. Especially since my phone(s) don't get a good signal in this concrete cave. This intermitten - barely one bar - crap is enough to make me go crazy. I should have brought a dvd.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X