THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

On Aug 18th I had the authority to pronounce my father dead.

You all do not know what that means unless you have done it.

I wasn't in a third world country.

I was in NYC.

It was the worst moment of my life.

Unfortunately you will get to experience it if you allow the ACA as it stands to take over our lives.

None of you want to go through this, trust me. It was the worst moment of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      I never really really felt that way as a SAHM. I tried to...but I'm not conditioned to not have an intellectually challenging something to do...and (I love my kids) but they aren't intellectually challenging, and you can only read so many books in a day, and its still not the same.

I really sort of felt tired, cranky, sick of my kids, and pissed off at having to clean...again and again and again, the same thing over and over and over. While I miss some things about having more time with the kids and seeing them do and discover things for the first time, or getting the hang of something difficult...all of us are WAY better off with them in a good school and me at work. The get along better, I'm less stressed at home because the house doesn't get as trashed, we are more financially stable...

I miss impromptu beach trips though...but, come the summer, I have the option of working a longer day and having every other week a 3 day weekend--if I do that and the occasional Mondays off, we can have a four-day and a three-day weekend each at least once a month...
      I do love spending time with my kids. I love how close we are. It feels so good to know that I don't have to worry about them out there in the big world - and yes, when you've never had to let go of your kid, taking them to school that's about a mile away from your house is a very scary thought. That's going to be something we have to go through, but at the same time, I can't wait to have a semblance of a life back again.
      But then again, I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to stand it. I may have to homeschool them for the simple reason that I am terrified of going through a day without them.

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      Republicans suck. Fuck you House of Representatives.
      This.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      completely unrelated, but I finally understand your obsession with Hanson. Holy shit, they aged well...
      RIGHT?! Zac looks INCREDIBLE. He has the most perfect hair of all time, and an incredible body, and he's adorable in every way. My future step-children, Shep and Junia, are really cute, too...

Comment

I feel sick and I went to the doctor today. It's probably allergies. Yep, more allergies....

Comment

Originally posted by Liandrin View Post
          On Aug 18th I had the authority to pronounce my father dead.

You all do not know what that means unless you have done it.

I wasn't in a third world country.

I was in NYC.

It was the worst moment of my life.

Unfortunately you will get to experience it if you allow the ACA as it stands to take over our lives.

None of you want to go through this, trust me. It was the worst moment of my life.
          Sorry for you loss Liandrin, I had to make very similar decisions for both of my parents.

Years ago I was given a book to read called"THE FOREVER WAR" by Joe Haldeman. In the story the government has taken over health care and determines your value based on age and other factors to decide what will be done for you, if anything. They are also into medical/recreational marijuana that they grow and sell. In short it reads like George Orwell's book "1984" which we are living today. When the government started spewing their dogma about ACA and obomacare this book(writen in 1972)came to mind, it's like they used it for a blue print. And there is even a war that never seems to end.
          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Heh, a war where time dilation is an active factor. That would have to be one of the most disturbing things to plan for ever.

"We're sending you after this world. It looks like this now but they may experience 800 years of advancement before you arrive. Good Luck!"

"WTF?!!!!!"

EDIT:

"Correction, it looked like this 800 years ago and it may grow another 800 before you arrive."
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

WTF indeed my friend!

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Makes me twitch like a m*****f*****!

Note to self: Must control psychopathic tendency! Must control psychopath... hmm. Practice aim.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                  Makes me twitch like a m*****f*****!

Note to self: Must control psychopathic tendency! Must control psychopath... hmm. Practice aim.

Reminds me of "No beer and no TV make homer something something...."
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                    Reminds me of "No beer and no TV make homer something something...."

Doubly odd, being that I don't drink OR watch TV.

Just sayin'.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Doubly odd, being that I don't drink OR watch TV.

Just sayin'.
                      Gosh, without tv or.beer....... I'd something something too I reckon......
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

So I got up today and went to do my laundry at the laundry mart. I did well. Did my laundry. Went next door to Stater Bros. Got myself a small bag of groceries that I needed from the week. Took the bus home. Got home. I lost my bologna and my pickle along the way. I don't know how.

This is what happens when you try to do something with one arm out of service and still high from last night's Norco.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have not been okay all week. My brain has been ping ponging between obsessive worrying about things I don't need to worry about and worrying and about relationships. I've been feeling like there's a hole in my chest and my brains is about to implode. I've been anxious mess and no matter how many times I spill my guts, it never just stops. I'm getting really freaking scared. Even when I'm not specifically focused on one of these problems I feel like hell.

Comment

My rant is that a thread i started appears to have been deleted!
                            I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamKane View Post
                              My rant is that a thread i started appears to have been deleted!
                              ???

You've got 5 threads started that I can locate. 4 of them are in various mod archives because they were long since dead at a time that a staff member was moving things around.

The fifth thread is right here.

Is there a sixth thread that you're missing?
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Why?

Must get my dumb ass out of this f...ing funk!

Comment

Working...
                                X