THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

As to needles,as long as I do not look,I can handle them. it is not the prick thing,but the image of I think breaking skin..(Who knows,I just hate needles)
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
      I'm apparently the only one here who's completely jaded when it comes to needles.
      Nope...they've never bothered me. I watch when I get my blood drawn. Heck, when I was a corpsman, I used to draw my own blood. I've even given myself an IV. The only think I don't like, is having to stick kids to draw blood or do an IV (shots don't bother me).
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
        I'm apparently the only one here who's completely jaded when it comes to needles. But then due to my arthritis and the meds I take for it, I need to have a battery of blood tests done every 12 weeks and ever since the sodding thing also got to my... I think the word in English is irises, I need to have those checked once a year too. No needles in the eyes so far, but still they don't bother me and never have.

Not the only one. When I was in the military had a corpsman try to take blood, couldn't find the vein and instead of pulling out and trying again decided to just start twisting and turning the needle in my arm. Did that to both arms before a more senior corpsman came over and did it. So no I highly dislike needles.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Lol. I've started a pandemic! I don't know what the procedure is called. But once you are Diabetic they do this test to make sure you don't have retinopathy. I had a test to check my periphrial vision 2 years ago. That came up fine. But they said I had more pressure in one eye then the other. So they drop some yellow fluid in your eyes and you wait 20 minutes. It numbs your eyeballs. Then they look at you in the dark with a spotlight. But the spotlight is also a needle. And I didn't feel anything. But I noticed my vision changed. Like I was looking through warped plastic. It went concave and I'm like YOU ARE POKING MY EYE WITH A NEEDLE DOC! And then I giggled uncontrollably. I do that. It was hilarious. Probably because I didn't feel a thing and it's the number one fear I have about eyes. Getting poked with something.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I do remember seeing something about Diabetes that it can cause blindness under certain conditions.

My DIL BTW is also Diabetic ,and Latino also...So Grandkids are mixed breeds too,just like me and the whole clan of us.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

So my aunt posted a story about Will & Jada P. Smith's kids, how they don't go to school, they're creative and in tune with the universe, etc. And I said, their wealth enables that, and she goes off about how the universe enables them and money is only a manifestation, etc. So I said stuff about how a starving child wouldn't think that stuff, and Maslow's heirarchy of needs, etc. And I'm not gonna return to the conversation. I can't take all that Pollyanna-ism. The woman has never has the wolf at her door, or in her town for that matter.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I saw that interview and it seemed strange they don't do school,but maby home school. The comment about the guru caught my eye,I think that is Maharishi G from back in the 70's,the one that went up to Oregon or Washington and there were lots of stories about,like buying him a rolls every year for his birthday.

Also,rich parents never hurts...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  I do remember seeing something about Diabetes that it can cause blindness under certain conditions.

My DIL BTW is also Diabetic ,and Latino also...So Grandkids are mixed breeds too,just like me and the whole clan of us.
                  2 of my aunts went blind from not taking care of their Diabetes. They also had limb amputations. They were boozers, so that probably didn't help. Both sides of my family have Diabetes type 1 and 2. So I'm trying to take care of things before it goes bad!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yeh,as I said before,I am so laid back,if I had that,I would be blind or dead for sure

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, I was starting to feel weird on that subject :XD:. (God I remember an advanced first aid course I did years ago where we learned how to put in a IV properly. I was the only woman in that class and I swear all the guys looked green around the gills. I was beginning to think it was me who had a strange relationship with needles. Not that I'm enamoured by them, I just don't mind getting pricked - or doing the pricking for that matter.)

Sidenote. Retina was the word I was looking for but couldn't remember, sometimes communicating in something that isn't your native tongue sucks. (I suppose that makes my rant for the day).
                      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Eff the toll bridge that you *have* to take, because there's no toll-free option.

Our EZ pass had issues for about a month, and we didn't know til the toll bill showed up. $2100, because they charge $25 in "administrative fees" for every toll.
                        "I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of God. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here
                        (in your head) and here (in your heart) and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not."
                        ~from Kingdom of Heaven

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
                        ~Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I like needles, I just dont like things in my eye.

I hate that yellow shit Duce. Did you have to get rhe painful drops that make your pupils unnaturally wide for hours?
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Mr. T,now I understand why you are so upset with that "toll" thing...$25 is a lot for a bridge..Normal bridge toll in SF California maybe $6 bucks tops,that I think for the bay bridge. the $6 is for major commuter time,less in slower commute times.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              Mr. T,now I understand why you are so upset with that "toll" thing...$25 is a lot for a bridge..Normal bridge toll in SF California maybe $6 bucks tops,that I think for the bay bridge. the $6 is for major commuter time,less in slower commute times.
                              Its because the EZ pass wasn't working, would have been $1.50 each way otherwise. This particular bridge doesn't have a light system that tells you if your EZ pass went through or not. I take a different route now, and their system is better.
                              "I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of God. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here
                              (in your head) and here (in your heart) and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not."
                              ~from Kingdom of Heaven

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
                              ~Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ahh,I understand now,kinda like when the bank charges you for cash advance and does not tell you there is not enough to cover the charge before doing it,and you do not know you are getting a cash advance. BTW the banks got sued for doing that,cause each cash advance was like $20 bucks. Now they have to ask if you want it. I would need to also go into Adult rants to express my true feelings about this.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X