• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg1860#msg1860 date=1286925634]
    Wait, what? What'd I do??
    [/quote]

You've been a naughty boy, Chain!
    "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

[quote author=Crimson Horizons link=topic=8.msg1864#msg1864 date=1286926108]
      You've been a naughty boy, Chain!
      [/quote]

Well... I have no excuse. I've just had lots of practice.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Patch 4.0... the pain, the unbearable pain.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Sleep... drops by for a few minutes and then leaves. Not to be seen again, for hours.

WTF?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm sick of turning on Twitter and finding out new ways that the world hates me.

Comment

[quote author=PharaohKatt link=topic=8.msg2002#msg2002 date=1286950301]
              I'm sick of turning on Twitter and finding out new ways that the world hates me.
              [/quote]

I'd say, "hate it back," but it doesn't really help much.

I just found it easier to realize that the world means peanuts. To hell all of it. Or at least the parts I don't give a hoot about hearing from, ever again.

Comment

A question: "I had sex with my boyfriend last night and he didn't protect me. I am in a period since last night, could I be pregnant?"
                My answer: well, no, I think you are not pregnant. I think you are not well informed. Try going to a doc to have a prescription for contraceptives so the next time you do not ask stupid questions.
                And then the girl said I am being offensive and rude. What the heck?
                When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!

Comment

[quote author=PharaohKatt link=topic=8.msg2002#msg2002 date=1286950301]
                  [/quote]

If it makes you feel better I've been misquoted, and they even link to the particular post.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

[quote author=Caelia link=topic=8.msg2020#msg2020 date=1286955339]
                    If it makes you feel better I've been misquoted, and they even link to the particular post.
                    [/quote]

Wow, that sucks.

Comment

[quote author=PharaohKatt link=topic=8.msg2038#msg2038 date=1286960648]
                      Wow, that sucks.
                      [/quote]

It's aggravating and funny because the way I worded it no one could misconstrue it like they did. It only reflects their poor reading comprehension.

My rant: GAAAAAAARRRRRRR! I'M TIRED OF WAKING UP BECAUSE OF THIS INFECTION! I'M NOW EXHAUSTED, CRANKY, AND FEEL CAPS ARE NECESSARY!
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

to descend."

Comment

Caps have their moments. If those get old, you can always move onto

SIZE

tags.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I hate being at home alone with a grumpy baby!

:'(

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=8.msg2068#msg2068 date=1286977252]
                            Caps have their moments. If those get old, you can always move onto

SIZE

tags.
                            [/quote]

LOL, yep
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

to descend."

Comment

[quote author=StellaMorganna link=topic=8.msg2019#msg2019 date=1286955199]
                              A question: "I had sex with my boyfriend last night and he didn't protect me. I am in a period since last night, could I be pregnant?"
                              My answer: well, no, I think you are not pregnant. I think you are not well informed. Try going to a doc to have a prescription for contraceptives so the next time you do not ask stupid questions.
                              And then the girl said I am being offensive and rude. What the heck?
                              [/quote]

My first reaction? (As un-PC as it was.) What the hell? Is she 14?

Comment

*thalassa would like to point out, that while EXTREMELY unlikely, it is technically possible to become pregnant while on one's period...but that it would require extenuating circumstances involving short cycle time, and long-lived sperm.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X