THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Personally, having kids seems like a big drag to me. I want to see the world, and children would be a big obstacle.

Comment

My yard guy is usually really reliable, but he hasn't been around in a couple of weeks. I really hate when people don't show up.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Perhaps he has a personal issue he needs to deal with.

Comment

On a scary note...perhaps those new flower beds contain more than flowers...and the guy hit the road,Cause....more than flowers(cue the mystery music)
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I called him Thursday. They're backed up, blah blah blah. I'll call again Monday if he hasn't shown. It's been 3 1/2 weeks.
            sigpic

Comment

WARNING: TYPICAL TEENAGE RANT AHEAD
              Okay this is probably gonna sound like a really whiny and pathetic "teenager who doesn't know the real struggles of life there are people starving and you're complaining" rant so I'm gonna beat you to the punchline on that. This IS a rant thread.

People always treat me don't know anything about what I want. I don't know a lot of things. I certainly don't know everything about myself or what I want, and I'm not claiming to, but that doesn't mean that nothing I say has any meaning, or that I don't know what I'm talking about. My family always treats me like I don't have an opinion or that when I talk about my future they shouldn't listen or take it seriously because I'm 16. But, it's not like I'm SIX. I'm not an adult, but I'm intelligent, and I'm very driven. It's become so bad I get kinda scared to talk to anyone about anything I care about or aspire to becuase I'm afraid they'll tell me I'm "too young to know what I want".

The reason this bothers me so much is becuase of what happened when I came out to my mom! She brushed it off and told me to identify as straight until high school was over because SHE thinks it's just a phase or I'm just "confused", and that I couldn't know because I've never kissed anyone before. WHAT!? You don't have to KISS someone to be ATTRACTED to them!!
              And WORSE, she said if I called her up in COLLEGE and told her, she would have believed me! Okay so I've known I was a lesbian for 10 years. SINCE I WAS SIX. But sure, maybe another 3 years will make a FREAKING DIFFERENCE.
              And now I don't feel like I can trust her like I used to. Becuase every time I try to talk to her in private now, she says "You aren't going to make a big ridiculous announcement are you?" Before I even start talking. So I don't even feel comfortable confiding in her anymore.
              Woah. Lot of built up anger and frustration there. Sorry about that.

I was even afraid to come to this forum becuase I thought everyone here would tell me that I'm too young to know what path calls to me.

I know my life isn't set in stone. But people treat me like they know me better than I know myself!

Well, I feel better. Sorry bout that. It did say "bitch here".

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              On a scary note...perhaps those new flower beds contain more than flowers...and the guy hit the road,Cause....more than flowers(cue the mystery music)
              Are you calling her lawn guy a pothead.
              Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

CrystalJackal, some people, like some Jello, set quicker than others. When I was 16 I loved horse racing, knew I never wanted kids, was very equality-minded, loved animals more than people, valued my independence & freedom (I was counting the days until I'd go away to college.) Now I'm 58, love horse racing, never had kids, am very equality-minded, love animals more than people, and have lived on my own for decades & love it. In other words, I was "me" at a pretty early age about lots of things. Some other things came and went, but the foundation was there. If that's how you feel, just quietly be who you are, and keep in mind that you have lots of options if anything doesn't fit right. It's OK to change your mind, and it's OK not to!
                I'm a little curious about how a child can identify with being either hetero or homo. I don't think I was remotely aware of any of that until I was around 12 or 13, past puberty. I was kinda sheltered, though.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm probably one of the biggest feminists on this forum....but. Women are, biologically speaking, baby making machines...whether they choose the "on" switch or not. Men just plain lack the plumbing for producing eggs, giving them a place to grow, and then shoving them out into the world and feeding them. While one day, that may be a technological possibility, for the past 3.5 million years of hominid development, its been a biological impossibility. Biologically speaking, females are the only group in our species that can do it (an ability that has nothing to do with possessing the skill to mother said children). Cultural practices and societal norms have been constructed to preserve that biological imperative, because in doing so, they preserve themselves.

Luckily, humans have figured out how to be more than our biology and culture from time to time.

Not wanting children or being unable to have them, or thinking that for one of many reasons you should not have them, makes you a statistical outlier. If you choose to not have children (and personally, as a parent, I think more people SHOULD choose NOT to have children) good for you (trust me, you are a better parent for not having brought children into this world than the parent that had 'em and didn't want 'em). And while there is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to have children, whether you are a man or a woman, people are always going to have a problem with it because it is a socially deviant* choice.

*This is not an insult. Making socially deviant choices is neither good nor bad...it just means you are going against the societal norm that you exist in. Choosing something that deviates from the social norm is never going to be easy. Failure to accept this is self-delusional--in some cases, social norms exist for good reasons (including the idea of having children), in other cases they exist for bad reasons (women being subservient to men). Either way, if you choose to be a statistical outlier (regardless of the reason), effing OWN it.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
                    WARNING: TYPICAL TEENAGE RANT AHEAD
                    Okay this is probably gonna sound like a really whiny and pathetic "teenager who doesn't know the real struggles of life there are people starving and you're complaining" rant so I'm gonna beat you to the punchline on that. This IS a rant thread.

People always treat me don't know anything about what I want. I don't know a lot of things. I certainly don't know everything about myself or what I want, and I'm not claiming to, but that doesn't mean that nothing I say has any meaning, or that I don't know what I'm talking about. My family always treats me like I don't have an opinion or that when I talk about my future they shouldn't listen or take it seriously because I'm 16. But, it's not like I'm SIX. I'm not an adult, but I'm intelligent, and I'm very driven. It's become so bad I get kinda scared to talk to anyone about anything I care about or aspire to becuase I'm afraid they'll tell me I'm "too young to know what I want".

The reason this bothers me so much is becuase of what happened when I came out to my mom! She brushed it off and told me to identify as straight until high school was over because SHE thinks it's just a phase or I'm just "confused", and that I couldn't know because I've never kissed anyone before. WHAT!? You don't have to KISS someone to be ATTRACTED to them!!
                    And WORSE, she said if I called her up in COLLEGE and told her, she would have believed me! Okay so I've known I was a lesbian for 10 years. SINCE I WAS SIX. But sure, maybe another 3 years will make a FREAKING DIFFERENCE.
                    And now I don't feel like I can trust her like I used to. Becuase every time I try to talk to her in private now, she says "You aren't going to make a big ridiculous announcement are you?" Before I even start talking. So I don't even feel comfortable confiding in her anymore.
                    Woah. Lot of built up anger and frustration there. Sorry about that.

I was even afraid to come to this forum becuase I thought everyone here would tell me that I'm too young to know what path calls to me.

I know my life isn't set in stone. But people treat me like they know me better than I know myself!

Well, I feel better. Sorry bout that. It did say "bitch here".

- - - Updated - - -

Hawkfeathers actually made a good point here. Stay true to yourself no matter what. It doesn't really mean what other people tell you to do. As long as you feel comfortable with yourself, everything is fine.
                    You still have to finish high school. So you're doing the right thing by thinking about the future and what you want to study in college. That means you learn about yourself! You should be proud of yourself, that's what I think.
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'm proud to be a social deviant! LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        I'm proud to be a social deviant! LOL

I think my religion is "statistical outlier"
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I recall when I came out of the closet. My mother was supportive. My grandmother thought that I was joking. Then she thought it was just a phase. When she found out I was serious, she gave me the "you're going to go to hell" talk. Basically, 'you're going to go to hell if you don't like boys, but don't have sex with them before marriage because you'll also go to hell then."
                          So be strong, CrystalJackal. Stand by your decisions. Your mother may not have faith in you, but there are those of us here who do.
                          "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Did not the mystery music hint point to potted humans...where is your mystery instinct...your inner Miss Marple....your secret Sherlock Holmes....AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH your Hercule Poirot

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
                              I recall when I came out of the closet. My mother was supportive. My grandmother thought that I was joking. Then she thought it was just a phase. When she found out I was serious, she gave me the "you're going to go to hell" talk. Basically, 'you're going to go to hell if you don't like boys, but don't have sex with them before marriage because you'll also go to hell then."
                              So be strong, CrystalJackal. Stand by your decisions. Your mother may not have faith in you, but there are those of us here who do.
                              Thank you so much..... that really means a lot to me. Really, you don't know how much.
                              Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Follow your Bliss Crystal....
                                http://tinybuddha.com/blog/3-simple-...ow-your-bliss/

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X