No announcement yet.

THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In layman's terms, the heating coil has to be colder than the air outside in order to provide heat. Wtf?!

The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I know I live in Montana, I know we get snow, I know it gets cold, but ENOUGH IS A GODDAMN NUFF I SAY.

An 8 hour trip WITH stops, turned into a 2 day nail biting expedition through blinding white.

Comment

Why set of fireworks now?! At least wait for the bells, and even then DON'T! I hate fireworks, as do my pets. X
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I have matching twitches in my butt cheeks. Since last night. What the hell is going on down there?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

FML.

This a/c-heater repair is gonna eat my tax return this year.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Dear friend of my friend,

DON'T KILL YOURSELF, YOU NINCOMPOOP. Seriously. Aside from all the reasons there are to be alive, you're fucking up his NY because your girlfriend broke up with you. Shit happens, man. Get over it.

No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=8.msg26192#msg26192 date=1293844050]
                Dear friend of my friend,

DON'T KILL YOURSELF, YOU NINCOMPOOP. Seriously. Aside from all the reasons there are to be alive, you're fucking up his NY because your girlfriend broke up with you. Shit happens, man. Get over it.
                [/quote]

Poor guy. Dude, you just don't understand how hard it is to be happy when someone breaks up with you. Also, I love you for saying nincompoop.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=8.msg26193#msg26193 date=1293844154]
                  Poor guy. Dude, you just don't understand how hard it is to be happy when someone breaks up with you. Also, I love you for saying nincompoop.
                  [/quote]

But a reason to kill yourself? I never understood that. At some point, life is always going to suck so hard you can scarcely breathe but that's what makes you grateful for the parts that DON'T suck. Giving up? That's heinous!
                  No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=8.msg26194#msg26194 date=1293844468]
                    But a reason to kill yourself? I never understood that. At some point, life is always going to suck so hard you can scarcely breathe but that's what makes you grateful for the parts that DON'T suck. Giving up? That's heinous!
                    [/quote]

I agree with you, but I only agree because I'm not heartbroken right now. It's soooooo inviting to give up when you feel like you have nothing to live for. When life hurts so bad you can't breathe, you aren't thinking about the bits that are still good.

Mostly art.

Comment

Somehow the 'other' servers...the ones that have other jobs at the bowling alley, but are penciled in to help me if it should get busy? Yeah. 40 lanes. Full. Of. Me. Only.

I am too tired to be all stabby stabby. >
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Gah! Checking accounts; overdrawn. Credit cards; maxed out. Cell phones; about to be shut off. Two out of three vehicles; lawn ornaments. Sleep; nonexistent. Kids' portion of phone; unpaid. Kids' portion of house payments; unpaid. Kids' debts, from borrowing; unpaid. Out of smokes. Out of Dew. Out of gas. Out of food. And miles, miles & miles to go, yet this morning.

Damn new years resolution, of mine, looks like it won't even last two days. "I resolve to NOT kill anyone, this year!" So... okay, I'll just do it a little bit and save the resolution for next year. Maybe I'll have better luck, come then.

And maybe pink polka dotted elephants will give me a Publisher's Clearing House check, along with the winning numbers for all the next years' lotteries. And do it while reciting E.A. Poe's Tales.

Shit.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

If the aforementioned pink elephants do deliver such wealth, who do I need to maim to get a cut?

Past that, I need a good distraction before I start shooting people for either

1) more enlightened than thou
                          2) more oppressed than thou

commentaries.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=8.msg26497#msg26497 date=1294009037]
                            If the aforementioned pink elephants do deliver such wealth, who do I need to maim to get a cut?
                            [/quote]

That's why I'd need all of the coming year's lottery numbers. I have some extended family that I'd have to share with.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Well blast, I was hoping for a chance to let my anti-social impulses make me some money. Grrr.

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Damn it, I'm so antsy today...I can't do anything. I can't drop this awful feeling that something is about to go horribly wrong, and it probably has to do with my family.
                                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                                X