help identifying a goddess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help identifying a goddess

hi everyone, new guy here. im really hoping you all could help me identify a goddess(or angel/demon/ i dont know). first let me tell a bit about myself, im an art student, i love nature, i grew up in the outdoors and on military bases. i come from a big irish/english/black family that loves war. i guess you could even say it was our family trade. anyway over the past year a few weird things have happend to me and i have a strong feeling like a goddess is watching out for me. its almost like a motherly feeling but at the same time a very warrior like presence.

the first weird thing that happend was my cat ran away, for 2 months he was gone. then one night i had a dream i was at a party with friends but out of nowhere this beautiful girl comes over to me and says " hi im lilly, everything will be fine" the next mourning my cat was at my door waiting to come in.

the next thing to happen was around christmas. coming from a military family i like weapons and my favorite was the 1911 pistol. sadly though in my state you cant own a handgun under the age of 21 so im out of luck:P well one day my uncle shows up out of nowwhere(he lives 8 hours away). after some talking he said "i have something for you", so he gave me a black case and inside was a brand new stainless steel 1911 personally it felt like an honor to get it, i dont know why but thats how i felt.

the last thing happend about a week ago. i like to go on walks through my woods and just relax. well while im walking i keep sensing someone behind me but no one is. well this goes on for about an hour and i finally screamed and said "WHO TH F*CK ARE YOU?!" i went on to say "i just want to know who you are, just show yourself! you can even do it as an animal i dont care, just please show your self!" at that very moment i looked down and a big ass snake was looking back at me.

there was something else that happend but i cant remember it at the moment. so can anyone try to help me peace togather this puzzle? maybe these are all just random things that happend out of sh*t luck. i dont know im just hopeing one of you can help me. thanks for reading & sorry it was so long:P

Re: help identifying a goddess

There are quite a few goddesses associated with snakes. Could you describe the female in further detail, if you remember?
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

if i remember right she was caucasian with dirty blonde hair, blue eyes i think, and a white shirt:/ dont know if that helps. i remember she was very sweet and reasuring. but the biggest part ive been feeling this whole time is that shes a warrior, a VERY strong warrior. oh and thank you
      Last edited by flatliner762; 18 Jun 2012, 18:30.

Comment

I'm not sure how reliable Wikipedia is in this instance, but I'm thinking Athena and here's why:

my etsy store
        My blog

to descend."

Comment

The things you describe about this figure remind me of Angitia. They correlate, at least, in my mind. Angitia was/is a war goddess who was strongly associated with snakes, from an indigenous Italic, pre-Roman pantheon. She was the chief goddess of a warlike Oscan tribe that lived east of Rome in central Italy. She's also associated with divination and healing magic, which was a persistent folk practice in the region even after Rome absorbed it and enforced the Roman gods and faith on them. Later Roman myth, influenced by Greek classics, linked her with Medea, but she is definitely a goddess of the indigenous Italian people.

Kinda fits the warrior sensibilities and association with snakes.

Comment

i was thinking athena too. i mean she has it all, art, snakes, war, but i feel like theres something missing though. angitia sounds very interesting, thank you well i have another theory about the snakes, maybe there her main enemy or she fights them.

Comment

There are also a few Egyptian goddesses that are associated directly with snakes. If you'd like I'd pull up my list of them.
              my etsy store
              My blog

to descend."

Comment

sure, that would be great!

Comment

Egyptian Serpent Goddeses:

Wadjet
                  Renenutet
                  Heptet
                  Meretseger
                  Werethekau (depicted with the solar disc and the uraeus)

There's probably more, but that's all I have in my handy dandy book.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

to descend."

Comment

thanks, time to start researching...

Comment

I don't pretend to be an expert, so I won't definitively suggest any goddess to you. But from your description I would look at European pantheons, preferably those of Northern Europe. The fact she was blonde with blude eyes suggests a Celtic/Nordic/Finnish goddess rather than Egyptian, Greek or Italian (no offence to the posters above). I suggest you take a glance at any goddesses in these Northern European pantheons who have connections to snakes, and see if any spring out to you.

Certainly though, I think a goddess is contacting you and you should be very proud This type of thing does not happen everyday.

Good luck,

CC
                      "Wealth is as swift | as a winking eye
                      Of friends the falsest it is."

Havamal, 74

"The wolf that lies idle | shall win little meat,
                      Or the sleeping man success."

Havamal, 58

Comment

I went to the Egyptian ones not because of phenotypes but it's my "go-to" for anything with serpents.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

to descend."

Comment

in all honesty i fell like shes celtic and i think she showed my a pretty big sign today. well sunday i went to barnes & noble to look for a book on greek gods but i couldnt find it, instead i found a book on the Morrigan. ive heard about them but never really got into it. the past couple days ive been reading about them and for some reason i feel like it might be them. as im sure most of you know the morrigan are connected with ravens and crows(dont know about snakes though). so i thought i would go back to the same place i saw the snake and ask her if she is part of the morrigan. well right as im about to ask her a raven flies out of nowhere! i have never seen a raven around my house before, ive seen crows but no ravens. like i dont know what to think right now.

Comment

What if she's all of them? Like sort of just an idea with Wicca of The Goddess instead of a particular goddess?
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

to descend."

Comment

yea i know what you mean, like there is a goddess that governs everything, right? im pretty sure shes not that though.
                              Last edited by flatliner762; 19 Jun 2012, 21:36.

Comment

Working...
                              X