What song do you like to sing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What song do you like to sing ?

Now let me say 1st, i can not sing at all. Whatever i call singing sounds like a bear trying pass a large rock. But i do like to sing Damh The Bard's song 'Samhain Eve'. No idea why i like to sing this one. When i do sing this song i always fill more grounded and in my center. I think it has nothing to do with the lyrics in the song. Some times i have to hum or rock myself slowly back and forth to meditate so i would thing you can have singing meditation?

Re: What song do you like to sing ?

There are quite a few traditions that use chants to put themselves into an altered state of mind. I do this quite often, actually. But before I continue, I do mean to ask, did you mean to have this be a discussion about ritualistic singing or just plain old singing in general?
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I'll sing anything that I know the words too, I love singing even if I am not that good. It's really relaxing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll sing anything that I know the words too, I love singing even if I am not that good. It's really relaxing.
      Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
      http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

I can't sing, and I rarely sing.
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Lately I've really been loving Miniture Tigers, but I have the urge to sign Drops of Jupiter or Meet Virginia by Train.
          Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
          http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't suppose anyone else likes to rap around here???

At the moment my favourite song is 2pac's Hit Em Up. It's a good training for getting your rhythm and breathing right.
            "Wealth is as swift | as a winking eye
            Of friends the falsest it is."

Havamal, 74

"The wolf that lies idle | shall win little meat,
            Or the sleeping man success."

Havamal, 58

Comment

^Currently it's this. 2 CHAINZ!

Comment

I recently got caught by a friend doing a deep, moving (and horrid) attempt at "Running Up that Hill" by Kate Bush. The part where I was "I'd make a deal with God" (going super deep and my voice cracking)...yeah.

Comment

Rap song....

Comment

Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner by Warren Zevon. Because it's one of the only songs(besides Maxwell's Silver Hammer) that I know the words to.
                    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I have a decent voice. I sing a lot. I sing anything lol. Right now I have addicted to love and come little children stuck in my head. Year round ill absent mindedly find myself sing Christmas songs lol

Comment

I'm a terrible singer with no voice at all, but (if I'm alone) I like to sing-along to the radio anyway. Funny.

Comment

I love to sing those nahuatl songs my boyfriend have tought me! They are so beautiful and a great memory the two of us have together

I also like to sing spanish songs because of the R's. lol.
                          ~ flowers are our only garments
                          only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

My voice is rough as a badger's bum, so I stick to singing folk songs as you can kind of get away with having a bad singing voice with them.

Comment

I do a mean cover of Tool's Jambi. I love that song.

Comment

Working...
                              X