Am I just wanting a sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I just wanting a sign?

Well firstly, I should just say that I would generally class myself as a witch.
    The importance of that being that I don't really believe in a god/goddess system. Being somewhat of an atheist helps that. But then again, I do follow the pagan wheel of the year, and pagan rituals. I am a real mix of faith! haha.
    Annnnnyway, there is a particular goddess that keeps coming up every now and again in subtle ways. Me not generally believing in gods, I just shrug it off. But it happens too frequently that I just wanted to ask someone's advice!
    Now don't get me wrong, I do believe in coincidences, but I'm also a believer of if there's something that I need to know or do, the signs come in threes, and that's when I take notice!
    Subtle things that where her appearing in my dream, not saying anything just her presence. (I didn't know what she looked like, but I knew it was her), overhearing colleagues talking of her myth and me in a shop with my boyfriend looking at random books when I suddenly see a baby name book, and decide to look for my name (beginning with C) when I open the book at a random page and my eyes are drawn to Persephone's name.

To be honest, I think I am just looking to much into this, and it's probably nothing
    I just want to know if it is a sign, then I would start trying to tell her that I know she's there.

Many thanks!!

Re: Am I just wanting a sign?

I've learned that signs are a personal thing and what constitutes as a sign is pretty subjective to that end. I say if nothing else leave an offering and see what happens.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Many thanks for replying, Caelia. Good idea, I will try it out!

Comment

You're welcome Let us know how it goes.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

The signs don't have to coming from outside to be significant. If your eyes and ears and dreams are being drawn to her, it may be because she's in your thoughts a lot. But that doesn't mean it's not important. That some crows have taken up residence in my back garden probably has no literal, real link to Odin, but it makes me pay more attention to him and reminds me I should have been paying more attention than I have.
          You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maythe View Post
            The signs don't have to coming from outside to be significant.
            I agree with this. I've spoken with a few atheist witches on this subject, and some say that they do occasionally feel drawn to certain deities like this. They view it as something like their subconscious trying to get them to pay attention to a particular aspect/strength/weakness that deity has. Or some meaning in their myths that could help their life, or something like that. It's similar to why some of them, although atheists, choose to work with some deities (meditating on them, reading their myths and prayers, and so on), to understand the ideas they represent, so they can better bring those ideas into their life. Or so they can better understand humanity as a whole, the universe, etc.

So while it could be a sign from an actual deity, it might also be something else, coming from yourself. You'll have to do some digging on your own and see what direction it leads you.
            Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Or you might become like me and go back and forth, polytheist and atheist, polytheist and atheist. Maybe persue Persephone, research her and leave prayers and see where it takes you. Like was said above, maybe its the symbolism that's drawing you in because of what it means to you. Or maybe you're goddess is calling you home.
              I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
              I became Abdishtar this spring.
              Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

Working...
              X