Beginning in Egyptian Paganism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning in Egyptian Paganism

I've been researching Paganism for a while and I'm trying to follow Egyptian Paganism, but I'm still kinda confused about things. I've tried a few methods of "connecting" and "announcing" myself to deities, but as of yet, I have had no luck. How am I supposed to establish a connection, and what am I supposed to be looking for as a response?

Re: Beginning in Egyptian Paganism

Have you checked out our kemetic section? You might find some inspiration in there. Caelia is our most active (and very knowledgeable), follower of Egyptian deities.

I'd suggest leaving them offerings; they seem to like offerings (there are a few myths of one neter stealing offerings from another. I think Thoth was well known for his trickery in this respect). That's the best I can do, but I am sure Caelia will have more accurate advice!

Oh and welcome to PF!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Jembru beat me to it! Even simple offerings like water and food will work. Don't worry, one major plus with the Egyptian gods is They let you imbibe in what you offer Them.

May I ask what you mean by "calling" and "announcing" yourself to gods? I'm just trying to figure out what you do exactly.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Ohh, I haven't yet, thanks! I'll have a look there. And thanks for the advice! I'll research the offerings further.

Thanks again!

Comment

Comment

The spirit of it seems like the daily ritual in Karnak when the priests open up the naos. They basically kneel before the gods and recite hymns as a show of respect. In the Kemetic board I have a link to an outline of the ritual.
            my etsy store
            My blog

to descend."

Comment

Okay doke! How do I get to the Kemetic board. Sorry, I'm having trouble finding my way around...

Comment

It's a subboard under Pagan Traditions and Discussion. You get to this by clicking on the forum tab.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Ahh, I've found it. Thankyou!!

Comment

Working...
                  X