Where are the writers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the writers?

I do a lot of writing, sometimes it's really hard to get into it and I have a lot of stories going on at once. I was wondering what other people like to write about. I do a wide verity of things, I'm trying to work on a vampire story, but it's not going the way I wanted it to.
    Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
    http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Re: Where are the writers?

I'm a writer. I write poetry. I envy people who can sit down and write a cohesive story. My brain is too jambled to do any sort of plot writing. I'd just give way to stream of consciousness type stuff in the end. We do have writers here!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm a genre writer, though I do anime fan fiction on occasion. (Good for practice)

So basically I'm a huge nerd...

If you need help with the vampire thing, I might be able to provide assistance. I've done quite a bit of beta-reading at fanfiction.net and have even helped out a published author.

Plot work and world building are my strong points, description and pacing are my trouble areas.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I write poetry and journo articles on neopaganism, handicrafts and irish tradition. Ive done a few interviews too but Im told I need to work on my interviewing skills and writing technique. Its too hard to read apparantly

Comment

I'm a writer, too. Fiction, mostly. Different genres. I also do a bit of fan-fiction from time to time as well.
          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Holla

I do articles and stories. I'm at the point now where I've sort of started a lot of projects over the past few years and I'm ready to actually finish them. I'm hoping to submit at least a few in the fall (even if they get rejected, at least I tried, right?)

Comment

I like writing. All sorts of stuff. I write poetry and stories sometimes. I even enjoy my research paper writing (so long as I'm allowed the proper amount of freedom)
              Circe

Comment

I used to write a lot, but other hobbies have got in the way. My stories are all set around my astral world, although as there are often characters from popular fiction or videogames in my stories, you could argue they're fanfics. The last one was about a zombie from a facebook game!

I'm currently working on a blog, although I haven't started putting them online yet. Not sure blogging counts as writing. Does blogging count as writing?
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  I used to write a lot, but other hobbies have got in the way. My stories are all set around my astral world, although as there are often characters from popular fiction or videogames in my stories, you could argue they're fanfics. The last one was about a zombie from a facebook game!

I'm currently working on a blog, although I haven't started putting them online yet. Not sure blogging counts as writing. Does blogging count as writing?
                  I think it does count. I want to start a blog, but I'm just not ready to do it get and I'm not sure if anyone would ever see it.

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                  I like writing. All sorts of stuff. I write poetry and stories sometimes. I even enjoy my research paper writing (so long as I'm allowed the proper amount of freedom)
                  I feel the same way about research writing, I love it so much. But only if I can do my own thing about it.
                  Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
                  http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

I write... I tend to write prose more often than poetry but when I do write poetry I'm really happy with it. I get frustrated really easily with my prose so I give up on it a lot before it goes anywhere. ;x
                    I want to write horror but it's never nearly as terrifying when I write it as it is when I imagine it. ;P I stick to fantasy mostly. Sometimes slice of life stuff.
                    I'm considering at some point doing some kind of graphic novel now that I'm happier with my art style than my writing but still want to tell stories. I just. Need ideas. And to stop nitpicking.

selume proferre

Comment

I'm actually finding it quite hard to think of things to blog about. It's not in my mother-tongue, so maybe that's holding me back, but how do others get their inspiration? I'm thinking that since I post just about the first thing that comes to mind here on PF, I should read through my posts and develop some of them. 'If I had super powers...', 'the creapy EDF thingy I hid in JP's birthday present"... I dunno. I just know no one is gonna want to read blogs about how much I hate my fat thighs and my frustration at being crap at languages...

I did think about writing a fictional blog. It would be about living with a zombie, offering advice to other people with zombies, on how to care for them, while including anecdotes from my daily zombie keeping life. I just dunno if my target audience would find it amusing or not...
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        I'm actually finding it quite hard to think of things to blog about. It's not in my mother-tongue, so maybe that's holding me back, but how do others get their inspiration? I'm thinking that since I post just about the first thing that comes to mind here on PF, I should read through my posts and develop some of them. 'If I had super powers...', 'the creapy EDF thingy I hid in JP's birthday present"... I dunno. I just know no one is gonna want to read blogs about how much I hate my fat thighs and my frustration at being crap at languages...

I did think about writing a fictional blog. It would be about living with a zombie, offering advice to other people with zombies, on how to care for them, while including anecdotes from my daily zombie keeping life. I just dunno if my target audience would find it amusing or not...
                        For what its worth i would love to see something like the zombie blog sounds adorable.

selume proferre

Comment

Cool! Maybe I should make it bilingual and include the English translation? If I do that, I'll need to find somewhere else to post it, because the site I plan to post it on, is really just for native speakers to correct language learners' mistakes. I'm really starting to enjoy the idea now. I'm thinking if I write about real events, but just include the zombie aspect, it might just work.

Comment

Jem, that's a really good idea!

Comment

I write literary fiction, creative non-fiction, new journalism, some poetry, prose poetry, and other extreme short form fiction. Well. And literary/film analyses and other critical work.

Vampires, eh? I wrote most of a book about vampires and then lost interest. Very fun topic. They seem especially ripe for unique short stories, yet no one seems to be cornering that market.

I'm currently puzzling out a satirical scifi short story to pitch to a magazine.

Comment

Working...
                              X