Where are the writers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where are the writers?

I write a lot too. I'm not great a the technical side of writing, my grammar kinda sucks and I'd be lost without spell check (ha I had to spell check the word spellcheck lol) but I am writing a book (self help/spiritual) which is coming on nicely now and I'm also pretty good at poetry which comes in handy for writing lyrics and spells which I enjoy doing too. The expression side of writing is what I enjoy the most just wish it didn't have so many unnecessary rules.
    Real Hand Carved Magic Wands

Comment

I do write a little. There's my gardening blog http://thesproutlingwrites.wordpress.com/ and also a blog I use to put up the occasional story or poem http://libbyscribbles.com/ I'm considering moving into garden writing in the mid-long term future and would love to have the time/energy/whatever to write the novels that are in my head.
      You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

I'm a creative writing major, so yeah, I write. Just a little :P Science fiction, fantasy, young adult literary fiction, non-fiction essays and research papers, prose poetry, plays, and roleplaying manuals. I'd write comics too, but I haven't written any yet. And I run a blog where I dissect literature, but it hasn't been updated in a while, so... yeah.

Comment

I write. Lots. On napkins, scraps of paper, Microsoft Word, notepad, you name it. I RP almost daily on Elftown and have since 2004. I write poems and short stories and songs and whatever needs to come out.

They're all right. Nothing super awesome, but I like 'em.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I write a lot. I keep two journals, one spiritual, one mundane, I blog occasionally, I write fiction, and have tried my hand at a bit of poetry. I'd like to try m hand at writing a few non-fiction essays, my blog is more musings than essays, but am not sure what topics to try this out on.
            http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I write but got some serious writers block right now :=I:

Comment

Until I'm published, and I haven't even got an Agent yet, I'm not a writer.

Comment

^Anyone who writes is a writer, the word you are probably thinking of is author or novelist.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    ^Anyone who writes is a writer, the word you are probably thinking of is author or novelist.
                    OK, allow me to clarify: until I get paid enough for writing that I'm able to walk into my work and tell the managers to stick their crappy job where the sun doesn't shine - I'm not an author!

Comment

Originally posted by DrStrange View Post
                      OK, allow me to clarify: until I get paid enough for writing that I'm able to walk into my work and tell the managers to stick their crappy job where the sun doesn't shine - I'm not an author!
                      Who actually gets enough from writing to quit their day job? Okay, maybe the likes of JK Rowling and Terry Pratchett, but generally speaking, there really isn't THAT much money to be made in writing, especially these days.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm trying to work on my blog, it's not easy but it never is at first. I love writing, I hope to get better at it all. Write now I have a few poems posted there, I love them. I have a few rants too, but they don't make much sense because they were worked on all day and my mood kept changing. Mood changes is often a reason I will write or add to something.
                        Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
                        http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                          Who actually gets enough from writing to quit their day job? Okay, maybe the likes of JK Rowling and Terry Pratchett, but generally speaking, there really isn't THAT much money to be made in writing, especially these days.
                          Step away from my Dreams - NOW!

Comment

When you start getting published, the buzz you get is indescribable. There IS some money to be made, but as Jembru says, not that much (and according to a recent thread here on the PF, some people even begrudge that! )

But what you get in return is your dream. I've had quite a few books published by Capall Bann publishers in the UK, then I went on and set up my own press because this gave me greater control over the finished product, and allowed me to keep the prices as low as possible.

My fifth book is coming out in August. I love what I do. I wouldn't change it for anything.

Never ever be afraid to follow your dreams. They lead to some very magical places!
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                            X