Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making Homemade Deoderant

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Making Homemade Deoderant

“You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Jun 2005
    Religion
    Kemetic
    Phrase
    Ferocious as a furby

Re: Making Homemade Deoderant

I may have to try this as well. The last time I tried making my own it called for beeswax and it ended up an anti-perspiring brick.

As a word of note to people who are trying to avoid aluminum: research your baking soda. Some baking sodas use aluminum.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Am I the only one that didn't get how much coconut butter and Shea butter should be put in it? There aren't any quantities. If it's prize is under 3 dollars, it should be like 50 gr of each, but I can't find where it says how much. Anyway, it's cool, I'll try it, definitely!
    When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!

Jun 2005
    Religion
    Kemetic
    Phrase
    Ferocious as a furby

It doesn't say anywhere. I'm sure if you google other recipes you can get an idea. I know that isn't super helpful, but it's worth a shot.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Oct 2009
    Religion
    Witchy Pagan

that does look interesting, I might google other recipes for quantities
    What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Nov 2005
    Religion
    Pagan Polytheist, primarily Dionysian

Ooohhhhhh...

;D

Want to try!

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

I'll be honest...I didn't even notice. Unless its for something medicinal, I use recipes like this more as a guideline. Preference for consistency is going to vary, so I likely wouldn't have used their amounts anyway!!
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

thalassa, you are right - most of the times I use all sorts of recipes as guidelines, just haven't made anything like that. Still, I found proportions in a link given in the article, so I made the deodorant and I am happy to say it's great! Actually I am finding it hard to find a deodorant that smells like my perfume, so I sprayed some of it in the deodorant and now I have a deodorant and perfume which smell the same. Fantastic. Thank you so much for posting it!
    When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!

Jul 2005

i think i might try this too, all the ingredients seem familiar, by which i mean if ive heard of them theyre probably available in england lol.

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

[quote author=Almost_lost link=topic=58.msg3788#msg3788 date=1287314824]
    i think i might try this too, all the ingredients seem familiar, by which i mean if ive heard of them theyre probably available in england lol.
    [/quote]

Here you go: http://www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk/

Also I don't know about the UK but in Germany you can get Vitamin E capsules for your face for SUPER cheap, like couple Euro or so.