Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help me explain this better to my 19 year old cousin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me explain this better to my 19 year old cousin.

The back story would be my whole family is up at our cabin and my cousin asked me about demons so I clarified some of the following things, 1; things you see on movies and tv shows are complete crap.
    2; a "exorcism" is not going to help a whole lot ( she bases this off the movie/s )
    3; the majority of "demons" in stories, books,media, people ect are not supper mega powerful Ie throw your house across the country or some other ridiculous thing.
    I dont like to even really use the word demon or call them demons I feel its a little insulting due to the fact most of these "demons" are gods + goddesses for example when i gave the name ishtar or set she pointed out that set was a "demon" I asked her why she said she saw it on the discovery channel show A haunting. Or a name close to that. -_- this is also why I think it goes in one ear and out the other with people,I personally have a great deal of respect and reverence towards this god. Back to my point, so after some explaining about that, I told her that most "demonic hauntings" are probably the manifestations of fear or strong negative emotion. while i realize this is not always the case the whole devil satan told me to do it or makes me bad things im sorry but sound like a load of bullshit. it doesn't even make sense. so I explained that then how you can create intentional things (srry dont know any better) called thought forms. She had truble grasping this so i did it in the easiest way a I could that she could understand I sorta related it to alchemy but more the fictional FMA thing to help her understad that you put energy in give it instructions and its "programed" to do this or that. While I did draw a alchemy circle (yet again this is FMA not real) to help show instead of elements its your emotion and energy ect making it. now five/ten minutes before this I explained that drawing a circle or a star Is not going to summon demons or what ever. Otherwise preschools and geometry classes would be over run XD. so now in short around bed time some how she got freaked out claimed some kinda demon was in the room.
    Im sorry but im good with this type of thing and i couldn't see or feel thing except her own panic. and the only reason most likely that she was texting and told one of her really christian friends and told them i drew a "magic" circle -_- this is also why i never explain my religion to anymore. They ignore every thing i say. also feel free to correct any thing i said if it was wrong. I need a better way of explaining things so it stays in her head or at least doest throw a panic attack and freakout so easily.

Re: help me explain this better to my 19 year old cousin.

Not muxh to add really, besides reminding her that this is your beliefs about whay demons are. You can add that it is based on your experiences and what you consider to be good enough evidence, but she might react better to someone admitting there are other possibilites and you are simply presenting one of them.

Good luck.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

something to the effect of:

a person who is dead, and came back = a ghost
      a person who is dead and has collect a lot of negative energy = what could be called a daemon
      something that was never human to begin with = daemon
      Other types of spirits = other types
      God/Goddess = God/Goddess

So how do you tell the difference ? With practice and understanding. Most of them dont want to hurt you, That's just silly.

T.V. and the movies are trying to frighten people. Its worth a great deal of money and they have become good at it. They have made their own rules on what everything is called. It's all very black and white, also its not very accurate. Most of the protestant religions dont accept exorcism as a valid thing. The founding belief is that when jeasus came, he got rid of all the deamons, to believe that there are any left is very popish and goes against God and proper teachings. There are some small, outlying groups who do it for profit-think of the crazy guy on t.v. who touches someones head, yells 'out deamon!' and sends the person into convulsions. Yah, Its all show. Thats not even how exorcisms work- And the catholic church does it. The catholic church has always done it and there are a long list of rules to follow. So unless she, and her christian friends are catholic, somehow I doubt that, then Its actually a sign that they lack faith. To some extent, In protestant religions, even believing in ghosts is a sign that you lack faith(because when you die you go to heaven or hell, not hang out and pester people).

A sign or symbol has no power unless you believe it does. Tell her to stop believing geometry could be evil.

Comment

Originally posted by vulgarunicorn1 View Post
        A sign or symbol has no power unless you believe it does. Tell her to stop believing geometry could be evil.
        True.

Remember kids - algebra is evil not geometry.

Comment

Exactly I personally belive (being a Kemetic) that if a soul runs away from Judgement he/she will become restless and become a Demon until they are reincarnated

Comment

Working...
          X