Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if any animals have neopagan type meaning for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if any animals have neopagan type meaning for you?

What if any animals have neopagan type meaning for you? Anything that youd consider more then the average meaning maybe bird divination or maybe you attract hedgehogs, or feel a real kinship for deer?

196206_437345516285576_2061218114_n.jpg

I saw this pic just realised there that Id never seen a baby crow before and it got me thinking that it was strange because I consider the crow a particularly significant animal for me in a neopagan spiritual type way. It has siginificant meanging for me. Its a sort of totem animal in that I view it as a symbol of kinship through my surname (O'Broin, Decendant of Bran/Raven) even though thats more to do with how kings were named, through medieval literature using it as a symbol of tutelary goddesses in the warrior/defender function and because of the film the crow being significant to me and my mates.

I even had a pet crow for a while when I was little. 'Sunny' the crow . He was either tame or just used to tricking humans into giving him food. He was killed by Bushy the tom cat in the end but he blinded one of bushys eyes in the fight and I buried him in my back garden. My first experience of death... theres a psychological root for my feelings about crows anyway.

Re: What if any animals have neopagan type meaning for you?

i have a pet hedgehog but i don't think i attract them necessarily haha ;P
    Hmm. I don't think i have that kind of connection to any one species but that folk song is gorgeous.

selume proferre

Comment

Birds... I don't mean to, but I seem to attract birds and always have. My name, Tylluan, means owl in Welsh (my parents were nothing if not imaginative in naming us!).

Another thing I notice - and I would hesitate to describe it as neo-pagan, as it's not a term I usually use - is that various animals seem to feature in my life at certain times. Sometimes I can't move for deer, and then I won't encounter them again for years. Of course another explanation could be a psychic infestation, but that is normally accompanied by a sense of threat, which is absent in my examples.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

You know, I was thinking about this question again. Looking back at animals that played a role in my life.
        Never owned one or anything, but definitely rabbits.
        I love rabbits. I'm really drawn to them. We have a family of bunnies living in our backyard at home and they just always brighten my mood.
        I realized this because- welp, I just got hit by a car. Yeah. Wasn't too bad, but the idiot was backing up into a crosswalk with a "walk" light and kept backing into me while a bunch of folks yelled at him to stop. It wasn't fun and I have severe arthritis in my knees (yes, at 18...) and guess what he hit hardest. So I was really upset and in pain and frazzled and out of nowhere once I got on campus this gorgeous bunny that looks like it came out of a watercolor painting or something is sitting right in my path. She sat still and let me take pictures and croon at her about how cute she was before darting off. I've never seen rabbits on campus before. And I realized that rabbits played a big role in my childhood and still make me stupidly happy and seem to be around at the most interesting times.

selume proferre

Comment

Frogs are like my life, they are my favorite animals ever! lol.
          But the Wolf is my spirit animal, they are so beautiful and I am getting a wolf tattoo on my side. Whenever I see the drawing I did or am in the woods, I want to howl lol.
          Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
          http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think horses too. I feel incomplete since I stopped riding them and I would get incredibly attached and felt a wonderful bond- though I think any good rider should, so maybe it was that.

selume proferre

Comment

Working...
            X