Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about the God and Goddess

Originally posted by Ementine View Post

I understand that I shouldn't always be on my phone. But I also don't see the problem with it.
    Read that again, Ementine. Very slowly.

The reason I would discourage you from the phone is because - like the internet - it's a great servant and a terrible master. Concentrate on real life.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I do the chores my mom leaves me, but she expect me to call every place in Nashua to find a job. It was hard enough to call Target, it's even harder if she is trying to push me. The 'suck it up and do it' method just end in me crying and freaking out because I have such a hard time calling strangers.

I don't really think there is a way I can explain my phone in a way that doesn't sound wrong. Yes, I need to put my phone down sometimes and I do. I'm going to work on typing things out on my computer or writing them down more. I just need to get into the habit of doing it because I get pissed when I get a text when I am typing something. So it will be a good reason to turn my phone off.

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
      Read that again, Ementine. Very slowly.

The reason I would discourage you from the phone is because - like the internet - it's a great servant and a terrible master. Concentrate on real life.
      I know what I said, I know how much sense it doesn't make to normal people but it makes sense to me. My options were to freak out at my friends, typing everything out and start a fight with my friends for being on my computer, or text people and distract myself from the issue until I could talk to the correct person about it.
      Last edited by Ementine; 08 Jul 2012, 12:27.
      Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
      http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ementine. I'm the same age as you and I don't have nearly as much trouble with these kinds of things. I have a laundry list of problems but I'm not playing the victim, and I'd say that's how most people here are. I really would not attribute it to age. Everyone is perpetually learning. Learning isn't a bad thing. It seems your problem is the opposite, and you're just staying stagnant and continue to be combative and make excuses over the smallest suggestions. Mrs. Penry, Eisheth, Gardenia and others have given you great advice and the fact that you're STILL arguing with them says you're not listening.
        If that sounds harsh Im sorry. But really.

selume proferre

Comment

I'm not trying to, I'm really not. I had a plan on what I was going to do today and all that got ruined, so now I'm just trying to get food into me so I stop shaking and relax for a second before I start on everything else.

I feel like everyone is trying to force me to change before I am ready. I know they are not, but I just feel like that. I just need time to get some food in me and figure out what I want from there.
          Last edited by Ementine; 08 Jul 2012, 12:44.

Comment

Then you need to talk to someone other than us and seriously start straighening out these core emotional problems any way you can and stop arguing and making excuses on here because that seriously isn't helping you.
            And stop saying "after i do ___ i can do everything else". You keep saying that. That's not how change works.

selume proferre

Comment

Fair enough. If I could afford real help, I'd get it but we can't and when I did see a counselor I felt fine and never really got the help I needed. Maybe once I'm back in school it will help me a little, and I should be getting a job there.

I'm not sure if I can listen to myself, but I'm going to try. I have to.
              Last edited by Ementine; 08 Jul 2012, 13:01.

Comment

I'm not just talking about a counsellor. That's not the only "help" there is.
                I don't want to go into my life story for you but this past year the big turning point for me? Going to a gay club. I couldn't go to a counsellor for reasons I don't want to get into and this year has still made me SO much more functional.
                You need to find what works.

selume proferre

Comment

My biggest accomplishment was spending a night and all day with the girl I like. With my best friend who doesn't know I like girls, I kissed her in the middle of a crowd and it didn't matter who saw. I fell asleep in her arms the night before. I felt amazing.

But things got rough this morning and that good feeling was ruined. I got distracted from what I really wanted to do today. and the new big accomplishment won't happen until school starts. For now I have to work on small ones and I tried with this topic...but it all just led back to me and not having my questions answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Ementine View Post
                    For now I have to work on small ones and I tried with this topic...but it all just led back to me and not having my questions answered.
                    It was answered, maybe it wasn't the answer you were looking for, but it was answered. You want to know why bad things happen to you - because sometimes shit happens. That's it. Really. Shit happens, and we deal with it. It's not Divine punishment, and it's not necessarily because you did or thought something negative however long ago. Sometimes there is no one really to blame. Or maybe it was a bad decision on your part somewhere, maybe it's the company you keep, who knows? It goes back to you because you're the only one who can really look at your circumstances and figure out what's going on.

Maybe you just need to learn to re-focus. So you got 'distracted' from what you wanted to do today. Can you do it now? Can you do something else productive now, even if it's not what you originally intended? Even if it's something small? Do something so you're not just wallowing. Sometimes plans don't go as they should, so you adapt and work through it.
                    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                      It was answered, maybe it wasn't the answer you were looking for, but it was answered. You want to know why bad things happen to you - because sometimes shit happens. That's it. Really. Shit happens, and we deal with it. It's not Divine punishment, and it's not necessarily because you did or thought something negative however long ago. Sometimes there is no one really to blame. Or maybe it was a bad decision on your part somewhere, maybe it's the company you keep, who knows? It goes back to you because you're the only one who can really look at your circumstances and figure out what's going on.

Maybe you just need to learn to re-focus. So you got 'distracted' from what you wanted to do today. Can you do it now? Can you do something else productive now, even if it's not what you originally intended? Even if it's something small? Do something so you're not just wallowing. Sometimes plans don't go as they should, so you adapt and work through it.
                      I don't understand the answer, I don't understand any of it. I was thinking things worked one way, but they don't and i have to figure out how to make sense of everything that was said and make up my own answers to everything else and just hope that I am right because all I do is mess everything up.

Comment

This seems to be another problem for you. You seem to obsess over the short term.
                        Plus i did answer your initial question with what i thought was a pretty great set of quotes from a knowledgable author and others answered too so i don't know what you were expecting. You also need to answer some of your own questions especially about spirituality.

selume proferre

Comment

I I I I I I
                          This thread was about Lord and Lady.

And it's back to I I I I I .

I'm sick of you.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I really dont get how a thread about spirituality turned into this. You need to not let your problems dictate every single thing.

selume proferre

Comment

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
                              This seems to be another problem for you. You seem to obsess over the short term.
                              Plus i did answer your initial question with what i thought was a pretty great set of quotes from a knowledgable author and others answered too so i don't know what you were expecting. You also need to answer some of your own questions especially about spirituality.
                              It didn't really make sense to me, I'm going to keep reading it to see if I can make any sense of it.

I'm not really sure what to do right now. My spells, my meditation and everything else I do: What is the point of any of it now? I like having something to believe in, but I just can't believe in something when I can't believe in myself. I can't focus long enough during the day to do any mediation to help clear my mind. I just keep drawing blanks on what I'm supposed to be doing.

Edit: I don't understand how It came to this either. I came trying to find some answers and it all got turned around on me. I'm starting to think I need to just give up.

Comment

Maybe you need to leave spirituality for a time when you can actually appreciate it and stop worrying about the great questions of the universe while you can't even decide whether you need your phone or not.

selume proferre

Comment

Working...
                                X