Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about the God and Goddess

Originally posted by Ementine View Post
    I don't understand the answer, I don't understand any of it. I was thinking things worked one way, but they don't and i have to figure out how to make sense of everything that was said and make up my own answers to everything else and just hope that I am right because all I do is mess everything up.
    What's not to understand? Is it really so shocking that not everything happens for a reason? That not every last thing is a fate planned by some Deity somewhere? Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control, but are not the fault of some Divine being. Sometimes other people mess things up for us. Sometimes things are our own fault and we just can't see it - or don't want to admit to it.

Obviously these are just my own beliefs. If you really think Deity controls everything, the law of return affects everything from thoughts to actions in a strict way... Well, then it still comes down to you and Deity to try figure out why certain things are happening as they are. There are some questions other people can't really answer for you. Sure, we can give our opinions on a matter, but you have to remember we don't know all the details here. There's only so much advice that can be given with limited information.

I'm not really sure what to do right now. My spells, my meditation and everything else I do: What is the point of any of it now?
    What was the point before?

but I just can't believe in something when I can't believe in myself. I just keep drawing blanks on what I'm supposed to be doing.
    Sounds to me like you know exactly what you need to be working on.
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I think you're trying to use spirituality for escapism from the sounds of your priorities.

selume proferre

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
        What's not to understand? Is it really so shocking that not everything happens for a reason? That not every last thing is a fate planned by some Deity somewhere? Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control, but are not the fault of some Divine being. Sometimes other people mess things up for us. Sometimes things are our own fault and we just can't see it - or don't want to admit to it.

Obviously these are just my own beliefs. If you really think Deity controls everything, the law of return affects everything from thoughts to actions in a strict way... Well, then it still comes down to you and Deity to try figure out why certain things are happening as they are. There are some questions other people can't really answer for you. Sure, we can give our opinions on a matter, but you have to remember we don't know all the details here. There's only so much advice that can be given with limited information.

What was the point before?

Sounds to me like you know exactly what you need to be working on.
        Before everything fell apart I actually felt like They were there for me and would listen, it became implanted in my head that I had to be nice to everyone and we were all equal and no one was better than the next. So I started to think they They controlled everything. I guess it was a way to keep myself from getting depressed because I kept making mistakes in my life and I didn't want it all to be my own fault and that I was a bad person. I would pray almost every night I was alone and still do, but I just feel like there is nothing there anymore because. Like everyone here. They just got sick of hearing it.

I became to think that I had to know the answers to everything I had questions about. I thought that I was being punished for some weird reason and I have to find a way to fix that. I'm not sure how. But I might just put all my things away for a bit... Which I just did and I burst into tears because I have to start from square one on my life, while still acting like I have anything together. I also started crying because I'm letting go of more than a religion, but that's not important to what's going on here.

I'm not really sure how I am going to get along without praying and meditation. It's kinda hard to give up a habit like that.
        Last edited by Ementine; 08 Jul 2012, 13:56.
        Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
        http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ementine - you're a Drama Queen. You might be young but even my youngest grandson is more grown up than you seem to be.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
            Ementine - you're a Drama Queen. You might be young but even my youngest grandson is more grown up than you seem to be.
            I just think I am too stupid to function in a normal way.

Comment

I guess it was a way to keep myself from getting depressed because I kept making mistakes in my life and I didn't want it all to be my own fault and that I was a bad person.
              Making mistakes doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you human. You're just like everyone else in that regard. People make mistakes, it's to be expected, it's what we do after that matters. You have to learn from your mistakes, or you repeat them. If you get it wrong, you try it again, or try something else.

I would pray almost every night I was alone and still do, but I just feel like there is nothing there anymore because. Like everyone here. They just got sick of hearing it.
              Or maybe you're feeling detached spiritually because of everything else that's going on. It happens. Or maybe they felt you need to walk on your own, because how else are you going to learn? IMO Deity always listens, but does not always respond. Maybe you were asking or praying about the wrong things. Again... none of us can have the answer to that sort of thing.

I do think you need to take some time to sort through these things. Starting from square one is not always bad, you know, sometimes a fresh start is what's needed most. It can help you let go of things that maybe aren't working. If you want to pray, do so in a way that doesn't involve 'me, me, me.' It's like talking to a friend, it can't always be about you. Maybe recite some prayers that don't involve asking for anything, try chanting, or pray for someone else. Or just spend time outside, or at an altar, without any words. Do it without expectations, and see where it goes.
              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                Making mistakes doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you human. You're just like everyone else in that regard. People make mistakes, it's to be expected, it's what we do after that matters. You have to learn from your mistakes, or you repeat them. If you get it wrong, you try it again, or try something else.

Or maybe you're feeling detached spiritually because of everything else that's going on. It happens. Or maybe they felt you need to walk on your own, because how else are you going to learn? IMO Deity always listens, but does not always respond. Maybe you were asking or praying about the wrong things. Again... none of us can have the answer to that sort of thing.

I do think you need to take some time to sort through these things. Starting from square one is not always bad, you know, sometimes a fresh start is what's needed most. It can help you let go of things that maybe aren't working. If you want to pray, do so in a way that doesn't involve 'me, me, me.' It's like talking to a friend, it can't always be about you. Maybe recite some prayers that don't involve asking for anything, try chanting, or pray for someone else. Or just spend time outside, or at an altar, without any words. Do it without expectations, and see where it goes.
                I can try. I used to pray for a friend of mine, but I know someone that could use my help. So I can try that, it might help I just thought...Well, I don't know what I thought. Normally I just do things people tell me to do. And since I'm not allowed to cut myself anymore, I have a lot of pent up emotions that I don't have an effective way to get rid of. So I'll just stop trying so hard to fix what's wrong with me.

Comment

I can try. I used to pray for a friend of mine, but I know someone that could use my help.
                  Try not asking for things, too. Get to know other aspects of Deity beyond the idea of problem fixer.

And since I'm not allowed to cut myself anymore, I have a lot of pent up emotions that I don't have an effective way to get rid of.
                  If I had to guess, there are probably support groups for that online (because, you know... internet, home of everything). There are other ways to deal with emotions beyond cutting, you just need to find what works for you. Easier said than done, I know, but very possible, and very helpful. For me it was running, or biking, or even just walking. Something physical, something where I could just let myself be angry/sad, and work through it that way. Keeping a private journal to vent it also helped.

So I'll just stop trying so hard to fix what's wrong with me.
                  It's good to work on making yourself a better person. It's bad to demand too much of yourself, too quickly, or to expect everything to go perfectly. That just leads to setting yourself up for more failure.
                  Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I want to be writing all the time, because it helps focus my mind. I keep getting mad... at everything.

Comment

I dont get how you get "i'll stop trying to fix things" from "hey here are some suggestions about how to fix things".
                      I don't get why you ask us frankly.

selume proferre

Comment

I want to just be "Normal" I want to act the way I'm supposed to and know the things I should know. But I know next to nothing about what I am doing in my life or in Wicca. I want to just be someone who matters, and can have a more organized life. I keep just doing what everyone else tells me to do or how I feel people want me to act.

Comment

You're still doing it.
                          Honestly I think I'm just going to have to drop this and hope you figure stuff out.

selume proferre

Comment

That's probably the best idea. I have no idea what anyone expects from me and I doubt anyone would care if I changed anyway. If people just ignore me, it will stop.

Comment

I want to just be "Normal" I want to act the way I'm supposed to and know the things I should know.
                              Well, there's two issues with this. First, no one's born knowing all the things they 'should' know. It takes time and effort for everyone. Second, it's a mistake to think that there's just some list of things you should know. It doesn't really work that way...

But I know next to nothing about what I am doing in my life or in Wicca. I want to just be someone who matters, and can have a more organized life.
                              Dude. You are 18. Show me an 18 year old who has their entire life, mundane and spiritual, all sorted out perfectly... and I'll show you an 18 year old who is filled with lies. I know we could all die in a fiery apocalypse tomorrow, but realistically, you've got time to work on that. And it takes time, and it takes work. So do the work, but don't think you're going to have it all done in a flash. And don't think you'll get it all done right the first time, either.

I keep just doing what everyone else tells me to do or how I feel people want me to act.
                              So forget what everyone says you should know, or how everyone says you should act. What do YOU want? Take the time, figure it out, and go for it.
                              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I said what I want, and it was over looked. If I knew how to act I would do it. I want to be one of those social people, but I don't know enough information to help anyone on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X