Walking does a body good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking does a body good

New here,searched the forum and was motivated to this section to express my love for just walking.On a park trail that is very uncrowded and peaceful.

I have not been restricted to or by any religions,have no believe in any of the major established belief systems,and consider myself free of thought control,no one to answer to, no pressure to jump through hoops, and feel like learning here will be of value.

I think that the ways here may be my real final calling

My greetings to all that respond,and as the thread title mentions walking do you walk?

Re: Walking does a body good

Welcome

I like to walk - especially the Welsh hills and mountains.
    You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

I like to walk with my children and teach them the names of the plants and animals they encounter. I love feeling the breeze and listening to it. I talk to the trees too lol
      ‎"Your imagination creates the inner picture that allows you to participate in the act of creation. It's the invisible connecting link to manifesting your own destiny." - Wayne Dyer

Comment

thank you for the reply

Is it normal on this forum to get a message a mod has to review a post before it's posted

Comment

I think thats happened to a few new members Weedlebock. It didnt happen to me but people get caught in the spam filter and stuff.

selume proferre

Comment

Originally posted by Maythe View Post
            Welcome

I like to walk - especially the Welsh hills and mountains.
            That's very special to be able to experience that

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
            I think thats happened to a few new members Weedlebock. It didnt happen to me but people get caught in the spam filter and stuff.
            Thanks I thought it may have been a policy here for a new user for a few posts

Comment

Mr Penry has long been arguing that walking is a form of spirituality in its own right. He reckons that trees are Natures cathedrals....
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                Mr Penry has long been arguing that walking is a form of spirituality in its own right. He reckons that trees are Natures cathedrals....
                I certainly think that it's a good way to 'commune with nature' for want of a better phrase. I can get into some kind of altered state of consciousness, walking and looking around me and just letting my mind play with what I'm seeing.
                You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

I'm a big hiker, but I feel that "hiking" involves going up and down hills, and it's flat here. I plan to do lots of it when I visit home though!

In Berlin, I walk a lot. My general rule is if it's a 15 minute walk or under, I walk...otherwise I bike.

Comment

Working...
                  X