Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wicca for guys

Jun 2012
    Religion
    Wiccan

Re: Wicca for guys

Quote Originally Posted by orchestrion View Post
    Personally I don't think wicca having strong feminine themes makes it not "for dudes". Women practice abrahamic traditions which are very male centric.
    This is very true. I was just saying a book for guys would be cool. I don't mind feminine themes, I just find them hard to identify with sometimes. Masculine themes and guides make more sense to me because I feel I can relate to them more.

Apr 2012
    Religion
    Vanic Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixMask View Post
    This is very true. I was just saying a book for guys would be cool. I don't mind feminine themes, I just find them hard to identify with sometimes. Masculine themes and guides make more sense to me because I feel I can relate to them more.
    Have you heard of "The Flowering Rod: Men and Their Role in Paganism" by Kenny Klein? It might be worth checking out: http://www.amazon.com/The-Flowering-...2097586&sr=1-3

Aug 2011
    Religion
    Pantheism
    Phrase
    If I'm wrong, please tell me. I'm not too proud to change my ideas.

All things being equal, perhaps the problem is that you need to learn how to experience and accept your feminine self instead of searching for a male-centric icon to worship in totality.

Without the sun, there can be no life. The God plays a major (and equal) role in Wicca. Stages of life can be represented by the holly an oak kings and it is rom these 3 that you can garner support for your masculine needs. Not to mention the countless male deities present you can choose to worship.

When you think about it, pretty much all solstices festivals are the god's domain, and the stories are equally distributed between the god and the goddess.

Perhaps you are uncomfortable with the idea that wicca is notentirely male-centric like many other religions and much of the world around us. If that's the case, maybe wicca is not for you.

There is a balance, if you choose to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as an afterthought: there's a difference between "feminine" and "female", and just because a deity is perceived as different gender than you doesn't mean you can't relate.

Maiden, mother and crone can be understood by men and related to. Even men were once young. Even men have a caring, nurturing and protective ability. Even men grow old and wise.

Slapping a vagina on that concept doesn't make it any less relatable to those who don't have vaginas. it is entirely irrelevant.
    Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Jun 2012
    Religion
    Wiccan
    Phrase
    chase the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Wondering View Post
    All things being equal, perhaps the problem is that you need to learn how to experience and accept your feminine self instead of searching for a male-centric icon to worship in totality.

Without the sun, there can be no life. The God plays a major (and equal) role in Wicca. Stages of life can be represented by the holly an oak kings and it is rom these 3 that you can garner support for your masculine needs. Not to mention the countless male deities present you can choose to worship.

When you think about it, pretty much all solstices festivals are the god's domain, and the stories are equally distributed between the god and the goddess.

Perhaps you are uncomfortable with the idea that wicca is not entirely male-centric like many other religions and much of the world around us. If that's the case, maybe wicca is not for you.

There is a balance, if you choose to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as an afterthought: there's a difference between "feminine" and "female", and just because a deity is perceived as different gender than you doesn't mean you can't relate.

Maiden, mother and crone can be understood by men and related to. Even men were once young. Even men have a caring, nurturing and protective ability. Even men grow old and wise.

Slapping a vagina on that concept doesn't make it any less relatable to those who don't have vaginas. it is entirely irrelevant.
    Ugh such a good post.

PhoenixMask, I think you definitely would do well to remember that feminine =/= female. Everyone- e v e r y o n e- has traits that could be considered masculine and feminine. I think that's a really important part of Wicca, understanding that. Not saying that Wicca isn't right for you but it's important to look at these traits from all sides and I would try to refrain from limiting myself to just straight male views of Wicca if I were you. though I may be a wee bit biased...
    Last edited by orchestrion; 12 Jul 2012 at 14:56.

selume proferre