Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dark paganism

Oct 2010
    Religion
    solitary pagan witch with a strong interest in Anglo Saxons
    Phrase
    Phantom Turnips never die. They just get stewed occasionally....

Re: dark paganism

OkaY, i read the link. Are you a dark pagan or a balanced pagan then?
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Zephyranth

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenia View Post
    Balance. Like many hedgewitches, I consider myself neither dark nor light, but somewhere in a balance between the two. Both 'sides' play important roles in my path, so it doesn't really make sense to identify as a dark pagan, at least not anymore than it would to say I'm a light pagan.
    Balance is definitely an important factor. I just personally strive to always do the best thing... I don't really see the point of being a 'dark' Pagan. From what I saw, it basically said that it's important to acknowledge that chaos exists in nature... Well, yeah. Duh... I don't think realistically that anyone but extremists could ever deny that fact. By that definition, most people are 'dark' Pagans.

Jul 2012
    Pronouns
    male
    Religion
    Collyridian
    Phrase
    There are three Marys, and there is one Mary. Mother, sister, companion. Love is Mary incarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyranth View Post
    Balance is definitely an important factor. I just personally strive to always do the best thing... I don't really see the point of being a 'dark' Pagan. From what I saw, it basically said that it's important to acknowledge that chaos exists in nature... Well, yeah. Duh... I don't think realistically that anyone but extremists could ever deny that fact. By that definition, most people are 'dark' Pagans.
    Its description of chaos was also pretty orderly--the old "order out of chaos" adage. I'm not sure the person who wrote that up necessarily thought their philosophy through the way they wanted. I think anyone trying to fit themselves into a "dark" path or a "light" path should first identify whether or not such a dichotomy exists, and then describe exactly what either one is before claiming membership in one or the other. I tried this when I was first dabbling in any kind of alternative spirituality I could find and realized I didn't fit in either, so I dropped the dichotomy altogether.

Zephyranth

Quote Originally Posted by collyridian_monk View Post
    Its description of chaos was also pretty orderly--the old "order out of chaos" adage. I'm not sure the person who wrote that up necessarily thought their philosophy through the way they wanted. I think anyone trying to fit themselves into a "dark" path or a "light" path should first identify whether or not such a dichotomy exists, and then describe exactly what either one is before claiming membership in one or the other. I tried this when I was first dabbling in any kind of alternative spirituality I could find and realized I didn't fit in either, so I dropped the dichotomy altogether.
    Yes, I agree... It doesn't much seem like they really knew what they were talking about... I do think it's important to recognize both sides of nature, but I'm not going to try and claim either one of them... I, myself, am a part of nature... Therefore, I am a little bit of both... The way I see it, I can't personally deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Denarius View Post
    Dark Mother is also a marvel comics character... I didn't want to bring it up, but that made me laugh.
    I would have thought, given your avatar, that you're more of a DC comics fan, my Nerd-brother.

Jul 2012
    Pronouns
    male
    Religion
    pagan
    Phrase
    light a candle and come whatever may

@tylluan perry i feel i embrace both rather nicely altho im sure most of the white lighters and fluffy bunnies would consider me more dark but i believe in a balance so much its a sickness with me im a libra after all don't tip my scales.

Oct 2011
    Pronouns
    MTF
    Religion
    Agnostic Christian

What matters to me is not who publishes the comics, or even (To a certain extent) what characters are used. I am a fan of GOOD comics.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    solitary pagan witch with a strong interest in Anglo Saxons
    Phrase
    Phantom Turnips never die. They just get stewed occasionally....

Quote Originally Posted by the_winds_of_mayhem View Post
    @tylluan perry i feel i embrace both rather nicely altho im sure most of the white lighters and fluffy bunnies would consider me more dark but i believe in a balance so much its a sickness with me im a libra after all don't tip my scales.
    Balance is the antidote to sickness, it is never sickness per se. And it's often a mistake to anticipate how others would regard us... believe me, we can be quite mistaken about that.

IMHO if you consider balance is important, then you're not a dark anything (always supposing there is such a thing as a 'dark pagan' and I have to say that article doesn't convince me.

One gentle word to the wise though, because you're new to the forum. A comment such as 'don't tip my scales' could be regarded in some quarters as a tad challenging. I don't know you, why would I want to tip your scales? :-)
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Bah...

I like my bright and shinies. Just ignore the flaming sword, Light is always toothless and flaming swords are a figment of your imagination.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Denarius View Post
    What matters to me is not who publishes the comics, or even (To a certain extent) what characters are used. I am a fan of GOOD comics.
    Well said, and truly spoken.