Red Brick Dust Vs. Black witches salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Brick Dust Vs. Black witches salt

hey guys okay so this may sound like an obvious question to few, but I am only into the craft for like a year and a half now, and I am discovering new things. (and alot for protection spells) I have discoverd the uses of black witches salt along time ago. I am starting to use it for protection spells, and more so to keep off negetive spirits , people, and energy. Kinda like a barrier. I had an idea to put them in poppets just incase you burry them outside if somone got a hold of it, the salt could protect agaisnt there energy so all negtivity will be away. Every poppet I make I put black salt to keep negtetive energies, spirits, and people away.

However I recently discoverd from other witches and a movie "the skelton key" red brick salt. It is part of hoodoo practices, and some people put it on windowsills, entrances, around the property, and also in mojo bags. They say that enemies and evil can NOT cross the red brick dust, only the "good" may enter.

My question is what is the difference between black salt and red brick dust? Is it that black salt keeps away negtive spirits, energies, (also known as drive away salt) etc... and keeps "all the bad" stuff away.... And red brick dust kind of creates a barrier of protection that only postive can enter not "evil" or negetive. Thanks and blessed be

Re: Red Brick Dust Vs. Black witches salt

I don't use either, only salt.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I had to look them both up though I have heard of brick dust. They are both hoodoo as far as I can tell. It looks like black salt keeps away evil or causes it if used in a curse. Brick dust is used for protection and to bring in money. Looks like they both have a protective quality to them. I got my info from here http://herb-magic.com/red-brick-dust.html. I can't say I would use either as I don't use a lot of hoodoo stuff.

Skeleton Key is an ok movie. I love their use of mirrors.

Comment

Yes, both red brick dust & black salt are from hoodoo & Southeastern American folk magic.

Red brick dust is cleansing (both as a physical abrasive, like Comet or Ajax and spiritually cleansing) and it attracts luck. It's used in a lot of floor washes - you'd scrub your porch floor with it, or maybe the entryway of your business. You can also sprinkle it on your thresholds. It's definitely got a more benevolent and welcoming vibe than black salt. In New Orleans, in the cemeteries (especially in good ol' St. Louis #1) you'll find bits of brick laying around certain tombs - you knock on the tomb 'door', mark three x's on the tomb, turn around three times & ask the resident your wish.

Black salt gets rid of things, chases them away. You want to get rid of an obnoxious roommate or lover? Black salt, all the way. It's more for banishing the unwanted than protection. In hoodoo & Vodou/Voodoo/Vudu tradition, spirits don't like regular white salt, so if you want to prevent spiritual intruders from coming into your home, you'd use regular white salt as the barrier. You'll never see salt on the altar of a Vodouisant or used in ritual cooking.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
          Yes, both red brick dust & black salt are from hoodoo & Southeastern American folk magic. ...
          That's cool to know thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
          X