Need help naming a our kitten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help naming a our kitten

Well, she arrived! We settled on Magpie and she is black and white. Her markings are incredibly similar to my childhood cat, Cleo, who's death broke my heart. It was love at first sight. I'll put up a few pics in DanieMarie's pet thread once I'm abl to copy links. Those who have me on FB are probably already sick of the dozens of pictures I've already uploaded!

I heard her purr for the first time this morning when she woke up and saw me! She must have been so lonely through the night! She's currently chasing her shadow on the sofa.. bless..
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

when I was little, I had a cat called Amunet. It's an ancient egyptian name meaning "the hidden one". the reason why she was called that, was that she was an egyptian mau, and my mom thougt an ancient egyptian name would just fit perfectly. Amunet was also very shy, so that's why my mom choosed a name meaning "the hidden one"

btw, she's dead now. She died when I was about two years old, and I only remember her from pictures
      ~ flowers are our only garments
      only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

it is sorrow about you , but you can feed another one ,

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          OMG, i never even thought of that. I hope she's a Kitler. X
          Agreed, this one is perfect for your kitten. Hey, if possible kindly post her pics here, so that we too can see your kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronalld View Post
            Agreed, this one is perfect for your kitten. Hey, if possible kindly post her pics here, so that we too can see your kitten.
            I did! I posted photos a few weeks ago in the pets chit chat thread..

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            While I'm able to use my netbook at work, I'll share a few pictures of Magpie.

She makes me so happy! We really love this puss.
            We called her Magpie because those birds are my totem/power animal. An almost related fact: I recently found out that black and white animals are sacred to my patron Goddess. Lucky coincidence? It's very fitting anyway.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Can we see a picture of the kitten? Would make it much easier to think of a name.

Comment

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
                Can we see a picture of the kitten? Would make it much easier to think of a name.
                I did, the very last post before yours, was a copy/paste from the pets chitchat thread in which I posted some photos. we decided on Magpie because that's my power animal. In fact, it's the animal of all the females in my close family for some reason! So it made sense.

Comment

Cute kitten.

Comment

like kitty most!

Comment

Working...
                    X