Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I encourage my Citrus trees to bear fruit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I encourage my Citrus trees to bear fruit?

I have three young trees (lemon, Lime, and Orange) outside in my yeard. The lime has had many blooms, but no fruit has made it past pea size. The lemon has only had 3 blossoms in 3 years. The orange has not had any blossoms since I first planted it. I fertilize every ~3 months with a citrus fertilizer. How can I encourage fruit production? Also am interested in remedies for leaf miners.

Re: How can I encourage my Citrus trees to bear fruit?

How is the soil around the trees? What's growing around the trees? Moss? Weeds? Bare earth? A lack of fruit is generally a sign of poor nutrition coming from the soil. Generally if the soil is bad there's nothing you can do but keep on fertilizing. For future record if you plant anymore make sure to bury fish around the tree, spacing out about a 6 inches from the roots.

Comment

Re: How can I encourage my Citrus trees to bear fruit?

Where do you live? And...the trees are young, right? How "old" are they?

Lime trees can take up to 5 years to fruit, lemon at least 2, and as for oranges...I've known someone that had an orange tree for 6 or 7 years before they got fruit.

I'd get a soil sample and take it to a nursery and ask them about it.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X