Any other Celtic Recons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any other Celtic Recons?

Ah sorry Jembru replying in the thread was my way of tryin to make up for scaring the recons away. I didnt mean to derail things. Im happy to chat about stuff Jembru but Im not a recon and questions would be a bit heavy. In context of chatting Im happy to swap and compare opinionsand have a laugh tho...

- - - Updated - - -

Ah sorry Jembru replying in the thread was my way of tryin to make up for scaring the recons away. I didnt mean to derail things. Im happy to chat about stuff Jembru but Im not a recon and questions would be a bit heavy. In context of chatting Im happy to swap and compare opinionsand have a laugh tho...

Comment

Okay, then how about we use my thread, now that I've woken it up again!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Jem, are you derailing your own thread?
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
          Jem, are you derailing your own thread?
          Oh I don't think it's particularly derailling. That thread was a general 'help, I need people with Celtic knowledge to help me navigate the impossible landscape of information out there..' so I guess continuing to ask there, is sensible.

But yeah, I'm so prone to drifting off topic, I could derail the shinkansen!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It's cool I'm actually sort of excited to see how this topic works itself out, the current direction with the bit about words and language is actually quite intriguing. Also I keep forgetting that tone does'nt move across the internet, I rarely speak to a group without smiling, and you can usually hear it in my voice, I hope I didn't come across as angered or crotechty!

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
              It's cool I'm actually sort of excited to see how this topic works itself out, the current direction with the bit about words and language is actually quite intriguing. Also I keep forgetting that tone does'nt move across the internet, I rarely speak to a group without smiling, and you can usually hear it in my voice, I hope I didn't come across as angered or crotechty!
              Okay, well this is the link to the thread I was talking about, I've totally derailed THIS one, so best to tiptoe back over to my own methinks ^^ http://www.paganforum.com/showthread...ividuals/page2

I'll start posting my questions there asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                Okay, well this is the link to the thread I was talking about, I've totally derailed THIS one, so best to tiptoe back over to my own methinks ^^ http://www.paganforum.com/showthread...ividuals/page2

I'll start posting my questions there asap.
                oh! oops... sorry, *tiptoes back with jembru*

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Dral View Post
                  If you want to read a good book about the Celts by someone who saw them first hand get your hands on a translated copy of Julius Caesar's work (Y)
                  What work(s) do you speak of: Is there a specific book(s), journal article(s) or better yet a weblink to this translated copy of Julius Caesar's writing about the Celts? (Yes, I'm still keeping in mind he'd be a tad bit biased). Thanks!

Btw, as a 'newbie' to this site, paganism et al. I am SO thankful for this resource, and the people here who clearly have a wealth of knowledge... just in this topic alone, I was made aware of books and websites, I might have never known about!
                  peace,
                  Brian (njsquarebear)

Comment

Originally posted by Dral View Post
                    Just wondering if there were any other Celtic Reconstructionists lurking around the forum
                    I am a Celtic Recon and follow a Brythonic Path! I'm a bit out of the ordinary but if anyone has any questions I would be glad and try and answer them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryfder View Post
                      I am a Celtic Recon and follow a Brythonic Path! I'm a bit out of the ordinary but if anyone has any questions I would be glad and try and answer them.
                      Oh interesting! I'm vaguely Brythonic too (in so much as the deities I associate with are Brythonic) and I too am quite out of the ordinary. In my worship I mean. Of course, we're all a bit off-the-wall around here!

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        Oh interesting! I'm vaguely Brythonic too (in so much as the deities I associate with are Brythonic) and I too am quite out of the ordinary. In my worship I mean. Of course, we're all a bit off-the-wall around here!
                        Thats cool, which Brythonic Deities do you work with?

Comment

Brigantia and Bregans are the main ones, although I work with a few others. I have started a blog about how I came to these deities, and I intend to continue it. If you want to check it out and maybe comment, it's here, but don't feel you have to.. http://www.paganforum.com/entry.php?...-The-Beginning

I technically have more free time than I did last year, but I also put off so much last year, that my free time is filled up pretty quickly. I really want to write more about my journey with Brigantia and Bregans though.

Comment

I will have to check that out!

Comment

Pretty much a celtic recon here, one the Gaelic trad, with a few Nordic twists. A celt in spirit and mind, but a complete Nord in body and a decendant of the Vikings in lineage. Alotta times I invoke Lugh and Morrigahn, but other times I call on Odin and Freya when i need to really power through something difficult
                              People are meant to be loved,
                              And things are meant to be used.
                              The reason the world is chaos is because
                              People are being used and things are being loved.

Comment

Working...
                              X