Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney/Pixar's "Brave"

Has anyone else seen this movie?
    I just saw it today and it was pretty much perfect in my opinion.
    Just the right amount of everything- magic, action, humor, tear-jerkers.
    Also the soundtrack was phenomenal.
    Just curious about folks' opinions on it! I thought there might be a few here who'd have seen it ;P

selume proferre

Re: Disney/Pixar's "Brave"

Worst movie ever. Well, worst Pixar production anyway. I was really disappointed after all their other projects.
    Potius mori quam foedari!

Comment

Originally posted by David M.K. View Post
      Worst movie ever. Well, worst Pixar production anyway. I was really disappointed after all their other projects.
      Well what exactly makes you say that?

selume proferre

Comment

I rather enjoyed it myself lol.

Comment

I thought it was pretty awesome, too!
          Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Brave was a pleasant surprise. I was all waiting for the stock fairy-tale plot--heroine chooses one of the suitors to wed/save. Instead, it took the route of "be careful what you wish for" and the heroic journey to fix things before Meirda lost something precious forever (won't spolier it for those who haven't watched). I really did like the little wisps--they led both to danger and to new discoveries/understanding. Not all ethereal beings are benevolent, or outright evil. It left ambiguity in, which I appreciate many fairy tales for.

The music was beautiful too!

Comment

I haven't seen it, but I can't wait to. It looks awesome.

Comment

I thought it was pretty damn fantastic! And the kids adored it...
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks awesome!
                  ~ flowers are our only garments
                  only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

SPOILERS

Honestly, I thought it was a bit of a stock fairy tale. The whole "something bad magically happened because a child didn't listen to their parents." plot was very fairy-tale-ish. Not that there's anything terribly wrong with that, but the plot definitely seemed to have a very familiar format to me. I also detected a little bit of "Brother Bear" thrown in. There's nothing about the plot that's overtly bad, (for a kids movie, at least) but somehow the beginning of the movie, with its graphics, characters, and interesting setting made me expect something more.
                    If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

I did like it, but it won't be changing the face of Disney or Pixar any time soon. The story was good, the animation was really impressive and yes I did cry

I loved the three brothers and they looked so cute when (won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but you know what I'm talking about if you have )
                      ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

I went to see it the other week, and it was the first time I had been to the pictures by myself. I loved it and am so glad I went
                        http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

My husband and I went and saw it a lil while back and we both loved it. Pixar will always have my heart and I ended up getting absolutely addicted to the soundtrack...as mucg as it annoys the living daylights out of him
                          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yazichestvo View Post
                            SPOILERS

Honestly, I thought it was a bit of a stock fairy tale. The whole "something bad magically happened because a child didn't listen to their parents." plot was very fairy-tale-ish. Not that there's anything terribly wrong with that, but the plot definitely seemed to have a very familiar format to me. I also detected a little bit of "Brother Bear" thrown in. There's nothing about the plot that's overtly bad, (for a kids movie, at least) but somehow the beginning of the movie, with its graphics, characters, and interesting setting made me expect something more.
                            I'm super-late with my input for this post :-p But I don't think things happened because she didn't listen to her parents. To me, it was more about her relationship with her mother. It definitely happened to me growing up~ what I wanted to do with my life VS what my mother wanted me to do with my life. That was a struggle, and that's what I gathered from the movie.
                            And her hair was fantastic! LoL ^_^ All in all, I liked it.

Comment

I just watched it about a week ago. I loved it so much! It made me laugh a lot and it gave me a lot of feels. And it sends two very important messages to young girls!
                              1) Doing what you want to do in life is much more important than falling in love with a boy and getting married. It shows priorities, and that marriage can wait until you are actually ready.
                              2) You should do what makes you happy rather than what your parents want you to do. But you can't be all rebellious either. You need to follow your own path while still respecting your parents.

Comment

Working...
                              X