Favorite Childhood Place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Childhood Place?

I went these last few days with my family to visit my grandparents at their house. It was very peaceful on their land, with not many people around and no obligations. Their home used to be one of my all-time favorite locations as a child, and I realize now that it still is today! They have this incredibly tree house in the far back of their property that has walls made of dry erase board so that they're doodle-able. Personally, I believe one is never too old for dry erase board doodling. Or tree houses, for that matter.

Do any of you have a place that you really enjoyed being as a child?

Re: Favorite Childhood Place?

The zoo. I loved the reptile house and the big cats. My daddy liked the monkeys!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      My daddy liked the monkeys!
      I can tell he's a man of great taste.
      [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
        I can tell he's a man of great taste.
        Yeah. I had never remembered how much he liked them until I saw this thread and it came to mind. We would sit and just watch them play.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          The zoo. I loved the reptile house and the big cats. My daddy liked the monkeys!
          Aww! Yeah, I remember how big of a deal it used to be for my family to go to the zoo! We drove an hour to get there and made a day of it every summer.

Comment

At a little town near the mountain

Comment

Our deck and dock on the river.

Comment

The woods. Usually with my grandparents.

Comment

It's my grandparents house for me too, Zephyranth.

It felt safe. They had a yard with peach trees, and a garden th the back with veggies, raspberry brambles, a pair of cherry trees, and little chives and primroses growing up through the sidewalk cracks. I can still close me eyes and smell their yard on a summer day.
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Mine was a beach my mom used to take me to, it was always empty and quiet, and the sand was so soft, and there was a little blue house, with crappy 70s floral furniture, but it was a beach house and that was ok. I've no idea what beach, or where it was, or even the car ride length to get there. but it was so perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I'm not supposed to post twice, but I don't know how to link posts. Thinking about this made me just wish to go there so bad, Thinking about a place that makes you feel so happy and serene inside was just such a good thing. So thanks so much to the OP for giving me a reason to make myself happy today
                    Oh crap it links them automatically....:happeh:
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I love to do swimming at childhood. Every Sunday, Me and My father went to do swim in the river.

Comment

I had this place called "my secret hiding place" by myself. It is a small wide by a lake, surrounded by trees in a park near my home. a big old tree is leaning out over the lake like a small brigde, perfect to lay on, and all the leafs from the old tree and the other trees are making a kind of protective shield around the place so no one can see inside.
                        I discovered the place when i was about five years old, and i always came there if i didn't have any other place to go, and felt alone.
                        ~ flowers are our only garments
                        only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

I was always out in this open field we had in the back yard, along with the creek in the woods. And of course this one place in the woods where I first felt at peace.

Hard to choose just one.
                          By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
                          -Confucius

Blog

Comment

Mine would be in the woods too, I was always going there every chance I had. We built forts, would eat wild black berry's, and some times made what we called hobo stew that we cooked in tin foil over a fire. Everyone would bring something from their home and we would share it for lunch.
                            Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Always been the woods in my backyard, but we recently moved to a different house so now I have to get used to my new backyard lol.
                              "Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths."
                              -Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                              X