Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help.... about shamanism

Hey guys xD

Okay I still am doing some soul searching. My path keeps leading me to shamanism. I am starting to read a book on it. My beliefs dont really steam from any path, but I really want to set my self into one. I didnt like wicca because I didnt feel confortable.

Basically my beliefs are :

I honour nature spirits and ancestors

I believe in one spirit (the great spirit)

I pratice witchcraft, which is actually universal (anyone from any religion can practice it thats my thought)

I Practice journeying and meditation and meet up with spirits

I meditate in front of trees and plants to learn from plant people and tree people.

I scry and do divination

thats pretty much it xD I really want to set foot into the door. After I am reading this book I will look for more. But can you practice shamanism solitary? because I love doing things on my own? And also I will still use the pentrgram as a symbol because it wraps up my spiritual beliefs

so where can I start off if I want to venture into shamanism? (I will still practice witchcraft, so I basically will be a shaman witch if you will)

Re: Need some help.... about shamanism

Originally posted by wind View Post
    (I will still practice witchcraft, so I basically will be a shaman witch if you will)
    You should consider looking into various forms of traditional witchcraft. More specifically I'd recommend hedgecraft, as it is essentially what you're describing. Here are a few links (four different ones) on the subject, a few different views, but should give you the basic idea.
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Okay will do I saw a book on it at the store and was going to buy but it but then said "nahh" will do thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wind View Post
        Okay will do I saw a book on it at the store and was going to buy but it but then said "nahh" will do thanks
        Unfortunately there are a lot of crappy books on hedgecraft in the bookstores. Avoid the books by Silver RavenWolf and Rae Beth. RavenWolf's idea of hedgecraft is something along the lines of think positive, make a wish on a star, and get anything you want! Rae Beth, at least in her earlier works, presents hedgecraft as nothing more than solitary Wicca, which wouldn't do you much good as you're not interested in that. However, I've heard her later books are much more on-topic.

Basically, give any book a good look over before buying. If it doesn't have any mention of the whole soul flight/spirit work element, it's probably not going to really be about hedgecraft. That said, there's a good chance that it's actually about green or kitchen witchcraft, which if I remember right you also have an interest in - could be worth buying anyway, then. A good read on hedgecraft is To Fly By Night: Craft of the Hedgewitch, if you can find it.
        Hearth and Hedge

Comment

thank you so much for this I will do that.

I found a book called "The Way of the Hedge Witch: Rituals and Spells for Hearth and Home" but idk if thats good. I will look for the one you mentioned online or at chapters, thanks again!

Comment

That particular book is more about kitchen/hearth witchcraft than hedgecraft. (It also contains some factual errors, so as always, it's good to double/triple check that sort of thing.)
            Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Working...
            X