Dream Magick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream Magick?

What, exactly, can one use Lucid Dreaming for? Yes, I know it's cool to be able to control one's Dreams Inception-style and live out one's fantasies through them. But what practical use are they? Can one use Lucid Dreaming as a stepping-stone to true Astral/Etheric Projection? Is it possible to cast Spells in Dreams that can effect the "real world"?

I had a theory that once you have mastered Lucid Dreaming, you could then use it to carry out highly complex Rituals in your dreams that would be difficult in the real world; not everyone has the space or money to set up a full-size Alter Room. But I don't know if such a ritual would have any effect outside of the Dream it was performed in.

Re: Dream Magick?

There are a lot of things you can use LD for. One of the most constructive is using it for inner work, such as exploring your own mind and repairing some of the traumas you've experienced over the course of your life, moving on from issues, etc. It's easier to work through that kind of thing in dreams than it is while conscious, because the mind (or at least my mind lol) is a bit protective of the shadowy, painful places, and the subconscious obviously resists when the conscious attempts to wrest some dark secret from it. Whereas, dreams are practically all subconscious, the entirety of your psyche is laid bare should you wish to examine it and perhaps literally fight your inner demons.

Comment

Re: Dream Magick?

I only had a lucid dream once and what I did was change a nightmare into a movie scene in hollywood so it was like less scary.

However I am starting to try to lucid dream again and there are some things you can do magical and non. You can astral project from your lucid dream. You can also do magic and rituals, connect with otherworldly beings, visit the spirit worlds and even talk to your ancestors. Its your dream and if you want to talk to your ancestors then you can do that. Anything is possible within a lucid dream.

Some non magical things you can do is try out a situation and practice. Lets say you want to ask out a female but your nervous, you might practice in a dream. Or even if you had a speech. You can fullfill sexual fantisies and do many more things you wish you could do here, but cannot, such as flying. To be honest the possibilites are endless! Its your mind and your spirit, anything I think is possible in dream land

Comment

Working...
      X