Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moon Ceremony-- Feeling strange...

Hello everyone!

So on Friday night, I participated in a new moon ceremony with a group of women in my community. It was a very powerful experience, but I've noticed that ever since I woke up yesterday morning, things have been going very oddly for me... I'm normally a very composed person, and I'm good at shaking off my anger and acting appropriately, but the last two days I've been pretty out of control. Constantly barking at people, being, well, a complete and total bitch. Even to the people I love most. I was just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of in the sense of changes in behavioral patterns for a few days after a ceremony like this one.

I was told to beware of some major changes in my life, and the ridding of negative influences and relationships... I'm wondering if maybe anyone knows of a situation where a ceremony could effect your behavior so strongly? I mean, I'm conscious of the fact that I'm being a snob, and I can't help it! Even if I try. It's just felt very strange. Any advice appreciated, even if just to tell me it sounds like I need an attitude adjustment. :P

Re: Moon Ceremony-- Feeling strange...

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is self-fulfilling prophecy. That is, you were told that there was all this negativity that needs to be driven out, so you're lashing out at anything that seems remotely negative in order to make this happen, all subconsciously. So even though you realize that you're acting different when you think about it, your subconscious is ruining everything in the moment.

Alternately, something in the ritual could have been off, and thus you have been put out of whack in some way. I don't know how the ritual you did was supposed to go vs. how it went, so I can't tell you much in regards to that. If you even remotely suspect that, you might want to get in contact with the people you did ritual with, and see if they're experiencing anything like that or have anything to say about it, if you haven't already and if this is still an ongoing problem.

And, finally, from my personal experience: I'm bipolar, and a couple of times, ritual has triggered a manic episode. You probably aren't bipolar, though, but if you are, that could be it.

Comment

Working...
    X