Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

finish paying my car; a small house (either the one I'm in or another, doesn't matter); the rest of my education; computer stuff; PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;

I'll get back to this when I find something that consistently makes me money that can be purchased. I'd prefer not to buy a small business but it's an option I guess.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      You have 1 million dollars. What do you buy? No, you can't save it. Spend!
      Education. I'd like to get my degree for me. The whole college experience is something I want too.

A trip to Kansas (or multiple) to visit someone. Oh and some lavish dinners and other fun things with that someone.

A medium-ish sized house at the base of the catskills in one of those villages I see that somehow still seem suburban while having trees and big spaces everywhere. I'll selfishly fill it with books and beanbag chairs . It'll have a fabulous master bathroom with a huge tub that I can soak in with lavender bubble bath. Oh! and a ginormous bed with dozens of fluffy comforters and pillows and a big TV I could hook up to my computer. The backyard should have a big hardwood tree too but the backyard itself needn't be too big.

A nice reliable car, maybe a hybrid.

If there's anything else left hire a financial adviser to invest the rest in good stocks. Alternatively give what's left to OldeOne (long ago she was once on pf and she's great) as start up money for the pagan settlement she wants to make.
      Circe

Comment

(Corvus, my grandparents had a summer bungalow in the Catskills. I loved going there as a kid.)

A trip to the fall Keeneland thoroughbred auction, and start up my own racing stable.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Pay debt. Buy land. Buy mom a house elsewhere. Spend the rest traveling until I'm broke.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Pay debt. Buy land. Buy mom a house elsewhere. Spend the rest traveling until I'm broke.
            Yup. Me too to a tee.
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Pay ALL the bills, buy two new cars and a beach-side condo (or cottage), with a couple acres in the Shenandoah and two yurts (one for guests). Pre-pay college for the kids (its doable here). Get kickass civil war reenacting gear and camping gear. Take a 8 month sabbatical (Scott too) and travel around the world with the kids (really, I'd like to save enough to do this when they are more like 11 and 13).

And, I'll be honest, get "the mommy package" (generally, its a tummy tuck and some sort of breast augmentation--either a lift or implants...I've had the boobs reduced already, so they don't really need to be lifted, but a tummy tuck gets rid of some of the stretchmarks and the parts that never actually go back once you've had kids via c-section)
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

What was the last thing/event that caused you to be awestruck?
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Beethoven's Appassionata (Piano Sonata No. 23 in F minor, Op. 57) as played by Jonathan Biss
                  "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Saw a lynx.

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm constantly awestruck by things. Nature, science, my dog...

Last week we had some monsoon storms. Lightning over Las Vegas is always awe-inspiring, even if it happens every summer
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I wasn't going to answer, because the things that cause me to be awestruck seem so trivial to anyone but me, but then Corvus told me about this..

Redstone is basically what minecraft uses as electricity and some pretty cool things can be done with it, if you're clever enough. I have, however, never seen something anywhere near as complex as this. A real, working calculator, done entirely in minecraft. I'm hoping a team worked on this, because if it was only one single person, then awestruck hardly covers it.

The human race amazes me sometimes. Our ability to explore, learn, problem solve and create is almost supernatural. I just wonder what that mind could be achieving if they weren't spending so many hours on minecraft!
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                          I wasn't going to answer, because the things that cause me to be awestruck seem so trivial to anyone but me, but then Corvus told me about this..

Redstone is basically what minecraft uses as electricity and some pretty cool things can be done with it, if you're clever enough. I have, however, never seen something anywhere near as complex as this. A real, working calculator, done entirely in minecraft. I'm hoping a team worked on this, because if it was only one single person, then awestruck hardly covers it.

The human race amazes me sometimes. Our ability to explore, learn, problem solve and create is almost supernatural. I just wonder what that mind could be achieving if they weren't spending so many hours on minecraft!
                          me = dumbfounded
                          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I was really amazed when I first saw 15 bit graphics. I got pokemon ruby and spent ten minutes gushing over how sharp and beautiful everything was. How naive of me! but I was young and had been playing gameboy color before that.
                            Circe

Comment

Working...
                            X