Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg1037#msg1037 date=1286782935]
    What are the three "nevers" of your life?
    [/quote]

I'm sure there are lots, but off the top of my head:

1) I don't think I'd ever live in the US. It's nothing against the people, or the place or anything like that. I'm just nervous that the health care system there wouldn't really be something I could do. I have SEVERE allergies, and from what I understand that's a "pre-existing condition." Despite my best efforts, I have a severe reaction every couple of years at least and ER visits aren't as cheap there as they are here (an ambulance and ER visit in Germany would set me back 160 Euro, if I didn't have insurance, which I do). Being uninsured isn't an option, and I'm pretty sure insurance would be expensive for me. It sounds like a crazy reason not to live somewhere but I can die from my allergies and I need to be able to go to the hospital, and I don't want it to set me back a ton of money if that happens either. I'd maybe go for like a year with tourist insurance from here (which is expensive for the US, but if something happens they'll pay and I'm not going to have crazy premiums the next year because it's not a long term thing), But unless things change in that area I couldn't do it long term.

2) I don't think I'd ever get a dog. I love dogs and think they make great pets but it's not the kind of commitment I think I can make because I like to travel, I don't like to go outside when it's below 0, and stuff like that. I love other peoples dogs, but for having a pet myself I'm more of a cat person.

3) I'd never get a tattoo. Just not my style.

Comment

the health care system over here is changing, and pre-existing conditions no longer exist. insurance HAS to cover it. however I think only some insurances cover allergies... speaking of which I think I need to go get somethin for mine... lol
      "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

1) Never, ever get a tattoo anywhere that cannot be covered by normal business attire, until I am either self-employed or retired (yeah, like that's ever gonna happen).

2) Never having children, ever. Created or adopted.

3) Never getting into a BD/SM situation with a relative stranger(s) & letting them tie me up. I can thank true crime and Stephen King's Gerald's Game for that one. Thanks for ruining my sex life, Steve.

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=62.msg1069#msg1069 date=1286794676]
        the health care system over here is changing, and pre-existing conditions no longer exist. insurance HAS to cover it. however I think only some insurances cover allergies... speaking of which I think I need to go get somethin for mine... lol
        [/quote]

The pre-existing thing only changed for children (anyone under 19, and in some places 26) in September of this year. It won't change for adults until 2014. Other than that, it depends entirely on your insurance. My last employer had a 6-month 'pre-existing' window. My current employer's insurance doesn't - but it does carry a hefty $250 deductible per covered person per year.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=62.msg1069#msg1069 date=1286794676]
          [/quote]

Yeah but they don't have to make it affordable from what I understand. I don't think it's acceptable to pay hundreds of dollars for health insurance. And I find the idea of having a "deductible" on your health to be completely unreasonable. Having grown up in Canada, I find the 66 Euros I pay a month here for my public insurance premium pretty steep (in Canada it's tax funded, and in some provinces you pay a little extra, but as a student I was exempt from that).

I'm not knocking it, but it's just not for me. I grew up thinking health care is a right and it's not something I can imagine shelling out a bunch of money for.

Comment

What are the three "nevers" of your life?[/quote]

1. Never get married again.
            2. Never leave a cat locked in your bedroom when you have new sheets (seriously).
            3. Never take sleeping pills with tequila.

Comment

[/quote]

1. I will never do drugs again
              2. I will never be religious again
              3. I will never give up
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I only have one.

I will never say never because I've been proven wrong too many times already.

Comment

[/quote]

Never give up, never regret, and never lie.

Mostly art.

Comment

[/quote]

I really wanted to answer the same way Rowanwood did. Never say never. But that's too easy, she already thought of it.

So:
                    1. Never lie to, cheat on, or otherwise dishonor my wife!
                    2. As apathetic as I am, I will never stop caring!
                    4. I will *never, ever* stop PLAYING!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

1. Never make lists of things to not do.
                      2. If it doesn't make a difference... Never finish anyth
                      "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg196#msg196 date=1286619930]
                        Yep, look who's back?!

If you could create a monster movie, what kind of monster would it be, and what would be the underlying moral of the story?
                        [/quote]

It would be some genetically altered super giant, and the hero would need to shimmy along the edge of a building to toss humanity's last hope bomb at it. There would be a freak gust of wind. Hero would fall.

Moral: Shit happens.

[/quote]

1. Never be content.
                        2. Never eat rotten vegetables.
                        3. Never work for Apple.
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

If you could be a pet to someone famous, who would it be and why?
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg1894#msg1894 date=1286929776]
                            [/quote]

Tom Waits, so I could chill on his couch and listen to him write songs.

Comment

[/quote]

Betty White, because she's old, has no kids and no husband, and loves her pets. So, I'd be made for life.
                              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

[/quote]

Be a what to a who? Where do you get this stuff?

Honestly, just a pampered housecat to anyone would be swell.

Comment

Working...
                                X