eBay bans metaphysical sales?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay bans metaphysical sales?!

How, exactly, do you return a 'Vampire Mistress Sex Spirit' on eBay? It's a problem that arises too often for the company, according to their new policy.

crystals, herbs, incense, etc is allowed, but you cant sell spells, prayers, potions, psychic readings, or anything metaphysical... you can sell an amethyst pendant, but if you sell it as containing energy for a purpose its not allowed.... wtf. people should know what they are getting when they buy something....
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Re: eBay bans metaphysical sales?!

I'm pleased to be honest. I was quite enraged by these people selling 'spells'. There was one I remember, who was selling spells for £20 a shot and was selling 40+ a week. She was making a fortune and the buyer got a tealite candle and a bit of paper with a spell on it. Do we really think she sat at her altar and cast every one of those spells? It was really insulting to genuine witches and workers of magic.
    That said, I know someone who was saving to move to the States to marry his online girlfriend. He tried to sell a mirror on ebay and it wouldn't shift, so he re-uploded it as 'haunted'. It caused a bidding war and he ended up getting 5 times what he originally wanted. Sooo naughty, but bloody ingenius!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I just gotta love the part of the article that says,

Originally posted by FoxNews.com
      Let's hope that eBay's metaphysics fanatics don't put a hex on the site.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Gotta agree with Jembru that, for the most part, this is a good thing. My bet is eBay had more than enough complaints about such products that they had to pay attention and take action. It's such an easy way to take advantage of people.
        Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I definitely agree with everyone else so far.

I also feel that ebay should be for tangible products alone. It's too hard for such a big site to deal with services, which are usually more locally based and harder to gage in terms of quality.

Comment

I quit shopping on ebay a long time ago. They are crazy on what they charge to post items and buy items. I love etsy. Beautiful stuff by those who practice, cheap to list, cheap to buy. Way more personal.

Comment

I use ebay to buy used things, like electronics, sports gear, and stuff like that. I can't afford stuff like that new, but I prefer quality, so I get it used. A lot of the stuff I buy on there is local and I pick it up. Greener anyway!

I feel like that's what ebay is for though. It started as an auction site to sell your used stuff. The focus should stay that way.

Comment

I used to work for eBay and in my day is was in the UA that metaphysics and religious items arent covered by PayPal buyer protection, just like motor vehicles and downloads. You bought at your own risk. Course you had to read the buyer protection UA to know that...

I saw some mad complaints. Stuff like 250 dollar get your boyfriend back candles. Someone bought 4 that didnt work, then bought another 2 before complaining... Another one was the Genie ring that didnt have a genie in it... certified by some genie expert who wrote a long letter explaining that there was no djinn in the ring and that the seller was a charlatan. Its unbelievable that anyone gave those people a line of credit in the first place but its a kind of good thing that they arent out there bumbling around waiting to get ripped off anymore.

Comment

Great, now how am I going to buy human souls for my collection? I need at least a scadsworth of souls to assure my place in the hierarchy of hell.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    Great, now how am I going to buy human souls for my collection? I need at least a scadsworth of souls to assure my place in the hierarchy of hell.
                    I have a few going spare. I extract them from bodies in order to build my zombie army. It's the bodies I need, the souls are just a bi-product. You'd be doing me a favour if you took them off my hands.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                    X