Before i go a' spending my money XD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before i go a' spending my money XD.

Hi everyone, So I'm beginning to look for books with which to build my pagan library and have found several that catch my eye. As it is my goal to explore as many paths as possible, no matter what the general reputation the path has grown, one must never cease in the pursuit of knowledge and wisdom. but If i am to put my paychecks into these books i would at least like to see if anyone knew of the reputability of the authors or just the books themselves, and they are as follows.

The Necromantic Ritual Book - Leilah Wendell

Power Spellcraft For Life: The Art Of Crafting And Casting For Positive Change - Arin Murphy-Hiscock

Instant Magick: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Spellcraft - Christopher Penczak

Necromancy: the forbidden art - Lucien Rofocale

Grimorium Verum - Joseph H. Peterson

Nocturnicon: Calling Dark Forces and Powers - Konstantinos

Practical Sigil Magic: Creating Personal Symbols for Success - Frater U∴D∴

Creating Magickal Entities: A Complete Guide to Entity Creation - David Michael Cunningham - Taylor Ellwood - T. Amanda R. Wagener - (multiple author book)

The Complete Picatrix: The Occult Classic Of Astrological Magic Liber Atratus Edition - translated by John Michael Greer & Christopher Warnock

Encyclopedia of Natural Magic - John Michael Greer

High Magic II: Expanded Theory and Practice - Frater U∴D∴

These are Books that if found reputable would greatly expand my way of going about my path and just forming an over all grasp of my own belief. If anyone has any input on any of these titles i would gladly hear them, if not, then i guess i'll just buy the book and tell y'all how it goes XD

thanks for reading
    When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, the force simply gets redirected and the object wins

Re: Before i go a' spending my money XD.

That will be a big book bill and youll be lumbered with them on your shelves. Why not go to a local moot and swap books with people? Itll cost less, you wont have to book an extra big van when youre moving and networking is 90% of how neopaganism works.

Comment

Those seem like wonderful books However I do recommend buying them, but NOT in one shot. Like all at once. My library is growing and my path is changing. I use to practice "wicca" and now I practice more of shamanism/witchcraft (hedgewitchery in its ways) Now I have those books just there, the ones about wicca that ill never use. My advice would be buy 2 books at max per time, and read them. After you read that, practice it, let it sink in.

Then we buy a new one. I think the library grows with the practioner (what ever path you may follow) but those seem like interesting and awesome books for your path! So its easy on you, buy one book, read it, then buy the next. Unless if you were going to do that already, then your set. Blessings andd good luck on your path!

Comment

I went through amazon and it comes out to about $156 if you go through their independant sellers, that said, one is about $50 even used, so that is up to you, unless you have some money just burnin holes in your pockets, James is right, go see if someone in the area is selling or swapping, save some hard earned moolah that way!
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
        X