Yggdrasil tattoo idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yggdrasil tattoo idea.

For a tattoo I plan on getting Yggdrasil on my wrist. Cool, right? That's not all. I want the roots (along with the worlds) going into my hand and up my fingers, and the crown on my wrist. More? Yeah. There's more. I want the background and some more of my forearm to be covered in outer-space.

So my questions/recommendations are:
    Reference pictures of Yggdrasil and space.
    Tattoo shops in New England, USA which can do excellent detail, I wouldn't mind spending over $1,000 on this.
    Which wrist to get it on. (Which is more pious, the left hand or the right?)
    Anything else you can think of.

Re: Yggdrasil tattoo idea.

Cool idea! I don't think it matters what wrist you get it on, just whichever feels best for you.

I can't really help with anything else, other than congratulating you. I've never thought of a Yggdrasil tattoo on the wrist before (don't worry, I won't copy :P)
    "Wealth is as swift | as a winking eye
    Of friends the falsest it is."

Havamal, 74

"The wolf that lies idle | shall win little meat,
    Or the sleeping man success."

Havamal, 58

Comment

I would recommend you do the legwork yourself. Look up the various tattooists near you, go there and ask to see their art collections and pictures of tattoos they've done before (all good tattooists will have a collection you can browse before you decide to have them do any work on your skin). This gives you an idea of their style and ability before you make any decisions (plus a price quote).

Only you know what kind of artistic style you prefer, so any reference photos we submit may or may not be what you're looking for. It may be best for you to google for the images to get ideas, then maybe have someone design it for you in the style you like.

As for which wrist, your dominant hand is often your projecting hand, the other is receptive. It may be something to ponder. But ultimately, I don't think it will make a difference as to which wrist (only your own preference).

Comment

If you would like, im an artist by trade...i could do a sketch or even ink it and then you can take it to any shops in the area and get a good estimate that way. If youre interested message me and let me know
        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
        sigpic

Comment

I have to recommend Blood Eagle Tattoo in Pittsburgh. They've done all of my tattooing, they're good, and one of the artists there does ritual tattooing. They also draw everything themselves, so they could handle the legwork and help you decide what is better to use.

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Okay, not gunna lie, the more I think about this tat idea, the more I really want to paint it just cause its a really cool idea. Do you have any objections to me taking this idea and painting it out anyways so I can get it out of my head lol
            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

I vote that if you actually get this tattoo done, you need to post a pic of it here!

Comment

I'm with Ljubezen on this one, and am tempted to want to draw it like Yorin...
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                X