Tarot Cards Dangerous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarot Cards Dangerous?

i am interested in getting some tarot cards, but before i do i was wondering if they could perhaps be dangerous? like a ouija board can be dangerous kind-of-thing. has anyone had any bad experiences with tarot cards? thankyou in advance

Re: Tarot Cards Dangerous?

I sharpen my tarot cards to a razor's edge. When I feel threatened while walking about, I throw them with deadly accuracy at my would-be attackers. My deck is made from razor thin strips of metal which I can also electrify, enabling me to use them to taze an attacker. James Bond and Batman fume, jealous of my tarot card prowess.

Their usage as improvised comic book hero weaponry not withstanding, no, I do not feel that they're dangerous at all. I've had no bad experiences since I started working with them.

Comment

Shrug, if you suffer them to control your fate then yes they're dangerous. If you take old Yoda to heart and remember that

"always in motion, the future is"

then their threat is significantly lessened unless you're prone to other acts of bad judgement regarding them.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Just about anything can be dangerous. It all depends how you use them, really, and with what intention... provided you get the balance right, you'll usually be okay. Even with the ouija - although personally it's never been one of my favourite methods.
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but this feeds in to something I was going to ask, and I'd rather not start a new thread for a similar question.

I recently bought a new tarot deck. I have other decks and have worked with them for a few years now (how successfully is a different matter). My trouble is that when I opened and held this new deck for the first time I got a serious jolt of badness from them. My head began to spin, I felt unwell. I've put them away and haven't touched them since. I know I need to give them a cleanse to be able to use them, but honestly I'm afraid to open the box again. They are really pretty cards and I'd hate to abandon them. Any advice?
          ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
            Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but this feeds in to something I was going to ask, and I'd rather not start a new thread for a similar question.

I recently bought a new tarot deck. I have other decks and have worked with them for a few years now (how successfully is a different matter). My trouble is that when I opened and held this new deck for the first time I got a serious jolt of badness from them. My head began to spin, I felt unwell. I've put them away and haven't touched them since. I know I need to give them a cleanse to be able to use them, but honestly I'm afraid to open the box again. They are really pretty cards and I'd hate to abandon them. Any advice?
            I'd just cleanse them. Either that, or they aren't meant for you, and I would give them away.

My two cents. (shrug)

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              I'd just cleanse them. Either that, or they aren't meant for you, and I would give them away.

My two cents. (shrug)
              This. Definitely. Tarot cards are what you make of them. I don't think they are capable of being evil per se, but they don't resonate with you then you probably won't get as much out of them as you'd hope for.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Tarot cards, Ouija boards/talking boards, scrying mirrors, crystal balls, wands, pendulums, pentacles, etc. & so forth are all just tools. It's the person holding the tool that can be a danger to themselves or others. Chances are, if you aren't the type to willingly place yourself in a bad situation, or willfully place others in bad situations, the cards won't lead you to malice, either.

Could be the fresh ink & lamination chemicals - that 'new Tarot smell' can be overwhelming (I know it sound like I'm being a tad facetious here, but I've had a lot of new decks that absolutely stunk - they off-gas like new carpet). Put them out somewhere away from you so they can air out, give them a few days & go back. If you still get the same dizzy-type feeling, then you might consider gifting them to someone.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Ditto what everyone else has said. They're tools and it really depends on your intentions. The most dangerous thing I've found using tarot cards? Sometimes they tell me exactly what I need to hear, but not what I want to hear.

Comment

If you want a ritual to cleanse your cards, here's one :

- Draw a pentacle east oriented or use a piece of cloth with one drawn on it,
                    - Get a stick or some of your favorite frankincense,
                    - Choose a quiet place and a moment where you feel relaxed enough,
                    - Place your deck at the centre of the pentacle, face down and focus on it by breathing deeply. If you feel it easier to tell some words out loud, prepared for the occasion, you can.
                    - Light your frankincense and place it on the northern branch of the pentacle, the one you have oriented to the east.
                    - take the first card and pass it above the smoke, thinking of the act of cleansing all bad vibes from it. You can say to yourself something like "by this action i remove your original spirit and replace it by my own energy". I know words can be important for some people to express their gestures during rituals.
                    - Do that for each card of the deck.
                    - Place the cleansed cards, this time face up, outside the pentacle and somewhere personal. It can be on your bed, on your favorite t-shirt, anything that is filled with your energy.
                    - Leave them there as long as you want to, yet not more than one day though, it would be useless.
                    - Let the frankincense burns down and remove the pentacle by burning the paper if you have drawn on it or wash the piece of cloth if you used one, by thinking strongly that all the disruptive energies are vanishing.
                    - Now, you can use them and deem if the disturbing feeling has left the deck.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice, and thank you Larkin for the cleansing.
                      If I can't get a handle on them I will give them to a friend; like I said they are a beautiful deck.
                      ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

Originally posted by ravenferret View Post
                        Ditto what everyone else has said. They're tools and it really depends on your intentions. The most dangerous thing I've found using tarot cards? Sometimes they tell me exactly what I need to hear, but not what I want to hear.
                        So true!!! Or they tell you something and you are like "what the H*** is that suppose to mean?" Only to figure it out a week or two later like getting hit in the face with a brick! When that happened I usually thank the spirits and shake my head like "WOW".

Comment

I have never found inanimate objects to be something of evil or danger, even Ouija boards and I have several. However, I have detected energetic intent or residue etc from where the object was made or originated and/or from who may have handled the object. Sometimes I feel a need to cleanse the item for this reason but very rarely.
                          My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

I had a lady who ran a "psychic" shop in town in town tell me that they're flat out dangerous when I mentioned that I did readings myself, and then in the same sentence turn around and offer to have her daughter do a tarot reading for me *rolls eyes*

It's all in what you do with them OP. If you let them dictate every little thing and decision you make then yeah, it gets dangerous (least of all the self fulfilling prophesy crap that I see a lot from people). However if you look at it with the view of things flow and change with our choices and decisions and look for advice rather than specific future events you'll be fine
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe if you over react to your prediction. I really can't understand how it could be dangerous otherwise.
                              Circe

Comment

Working...
                              X